Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save DMV.com Exclusive!
If your Missouri driver's license or identification card has been lost, stolen, or mutilated, you can apply for a replacement or duplicate license at your local Department of Revenue (DOR) Office.
Instructions for replacing a lost, stolen or mutilated Missouri driver's license or identification card:
- Locate the Missouri DOR contract office here. Be sure to note the days and hours of operation.
- Bring proof. The state of Missouri requires that you present one piece of identity proof when applying for a duplicate driver's license or identification card.
- Bring the correct fee. Normally there is a $10 or $12.50 fee for replacing a lost, stolen, or mutilated 3 or 6-year license respectively. Checks or Money orders are accepted. Please contact your DOR contract office to confirm the fee before applying in person, since fees may vary.
Instructions for Missouri residents who are temporarily out of state:
Missouri non-military residents who are temporarily out of state cannot apply for a duplicate license or identification card through the mail, and have to return to Missouri and apply in person.
Missouri residents who are out of state active-duty military personnel or military dependents are eligible to apply for a duplicate license or identification card through the mail.
- Download and complete the application form from the Department of Revenue website.
- Obtain a check or money order in the correct amount, made payable to: Missouri Department of Revenue. Please contact the Driver License Bureau at (573) 751 2730 to confirm the correct fee, as fees may vary.
- Mail the completed form, along with the application form and your payment to:
Missouri Department of Revenue Driver License Bureau - MIL P.O. Box 200, Jefferson City, MO 65105-0200.
- The duplicate license or identification card will be processed in approximately 7-10 business days.
- If your license or identification will expire within the next six months, you can renew your license or identification card instead of applying for a replacement.
- You cannot apply for a replacement driver's license or identification online.