HOW TO RENEW YOUR MOTORCYCLE LICENSE
A Missouri Motorcycle License can be renewed in person at any Missouri State Highway Patrol (MSHP) exam station in the State. The Missouri Department of Revenue notifies owners of the expiration date of their motorcycle license by mail in advance.
WHEN TO RENEW YOUR MOTORCYCLE LICENSE
Your Missouri motorcycle license will generally expire on your birthday. The expiration year depends on your age. For drivers between 18-20, the license is valid for 3 years, for drivers aged 21-69, the license is valid for 6 years, and for drivers 70 and older, the license is valid for 3 years. It is advisable to renew your motorcycle license before the birthday on which it will expire. You can renew your license any time in the six months leading up to its expiration. Your driving privileges expire on midnight of your birthday if you do not renew. However, you will still have an additional six months to renew your motorcycle license without taking the road test or the knowledge test.
TO RENEW IN PERSON
You must bring:
- Your expiring motorcycle license or proof if the expiring license is not available.
- If your name has changed, documentation of the name change is required.
- proper identification.
- proper identification (those who are 65 years of age and above need not give proof of lawful presence for renewing the license).
- The renewal fee payable by cash or check.
- You need to take a vision test and a road sign recognition test for renewal.
Note: Only active duty military personnel and their dependents who are out-of-state at the time of license expiry, can renew by mail.
Complete this application form and follow the instructions given in the form.
Mail all the documents to:
Driver License Bureau
301 West High Street - Room 470
Jefferson City, MO, 65105-0200
The application will be processed within 10 days.
HOW TO REPLACE YOUR MOTORCYCLE LICENSE
A Missouri Motorcycle License can be replaced in person at any MVDL Office in the State.
WHEN TO REPLACE YOUR MOTORCYCLE LICENSE
You must replace your motorcycle license if your original license has been lost, stolen or destroyed.
TO REPLACE IN PERSON
- Bring proper identification. The state of Missouri requires that you present one piece of identity proof when applying for a duplicate motorcycle license.
- Bring the correct fee. Checks or Money orders are accepted. Please contact your MVDL Office to confirm the fee before applying in person, since fees may vary.
- If your motorcycle license will expire within the next six months, you can renew your license instead of applying for a replacement.
Note: Missouri residents who are out of state active-duty military personnel or military dependents are eligible to apply for a duplicate motorcycle license through the mail.
- Download and complete the application form from the Department of Revenue website.
- Obtain a check or money order in the correct amount, made payable to: Missouri Department of Revenue. Please contact the Driver License Bureau at (573) 751-2730 to confirm the correct fee, as fees may vary.
Mail the completed form, along with the application form and your payment to:
Missouri Department of Revenue
Driver License Bureau - MIL
P.O. Box 200
Jefferson City, MO 65105-0200
The duplicate motorcycle license will be processed in approximately 7-10 business days.