All vehicle owners with valid licenses must complete car registration renewal. Missouri residents should update these documents periodically in order to remain up-to-date with state laws. Drivers are responsible for completing this process before the expiration date state on registration documents. Renewal notices are sent from the MO licensing office as a courtesy for drivers.

In Missouri, DMV registration renewal online, by mail or in person is available to residents. Drivers can choose the method that is most convenient for efficiently finishing the process. Applicants must meet certain requirements before an updated registration will be granted. These standards are specifically developed for MO residents and must be adhered to at all times. Find out more about renewing registrations in the state by reading the following sections.

Requirements for Car Registration Renewal in Missouri

In order to submit a motor vehicle registration renewal request, applicants must meet certain registration requirements. Failure to adhere to these standards will result in the denial of new documents from the state. The following rules apply to applicants:

  1. Drivers must be MO residents.
  2. Drivers must have valid auto insurance policies.
  3. Drivers must pay the required fees.
  4. Drivers cannot have outstanding parking tickets or other traffic violations.

Additionally, applicants can check their registration renewal status through the online licensing website.

What do you need to renew your car registration in Missouri?

Understanding the items needed to renew auto registration is helpful for residents living in the state. This personal and vehicle information verifies eligibility to receive valid registration in Missouri. Registration renewal applicants must provide the following details:

  • Full name
  • Date of birth
  • Address
  • Vehicle Identification Number
  • Proof of insurance

Missouri Vehicle Registration Renewal Notice

In Missouri, vehicle registration renewal notices are mailed to drivers before their registration expiration dates. The letter is used to remind drivers of the upcoming necessity to apply for updated registration forms. Additionally, notices contain instructions on how to move forward with the application process.

Following these tips is helpful for residents to efficiently complete each step required in adherence to state law. In any case, if a Personal Identification Number (PIN) is contained on your renewal notice, you are eligible to complete the renewal process online.

Missouri Car Registration Renewal Notice Lost or Not Received

In some cases, lost car registration renewal forms do not make it to drivers. Maintaining up-to-date addresses with the state licensing office is imperative. Registration renewal reminders are sent to the address on file with the DMV. If your home address is not updated, you will not receive a notice.

Ultimately, it is up to drivers to meet registration renewal deadlines in the state. Residents should not rely on renewal notices as reminders for when to complete the required process. Maintaining your own information is the best way to keep track of when you need to apply for a renewal.

Missouri Car Registration Renewal Options

Various vehicle registration renewal options are available to Missouri residents. Drivers can complete DMV vehicle registration renewal online, by mail or in person at a licensing office. However, online renewal is only available to specific residents who meet eligibility standards. Learn more about each of these methods for obtaining updated registration in the state in the following sections.

How to Renew Your Car Registration Online

Only eligible residents can renew their car registration online in Missouri. If your renewal notice contained a Personal Identification Number, you are eligible to complete registration renewal online. Otherwise, registration must be completed by mail or in person at a licensing office.

Important personal details must be submitted in order to successfully complete online application submission. These details include the following:

  • Full name
  • Date of Birth
  • Vehicle Identification Number
  • Emissions testing numbers, if applicable
  • Auto insurance qualifications

Online renewal is the fastest and easiest method to obtain updated documents in the state. Simply follow the steps below to complete this type of renewal procedure.

  1. Submit necessary personal and vehicle information
  2. Pay all required DMV registration renewal fees using a valid form of payment.
  3. Obtain updated registration documents by mail.

How to Renew Your Car Registration by Mail

For drivers wondering where to renew vehicle registration besides online or in person, mail-in registration renewal is available in Missouri. A variety of documents and personal information should be submitted to the state licensing office by mail. Follow these steps to successfully complete mail-in registration renewal:

  1. Complete the motor vehicle registration renewal application by providing valid, up-to-date personal and vehicle information.
  2. Provide fee payments for new registration documents by check or money order
  3. Provide proof on insurance and emissions testing verification, if needed.
  4. Submit all of the aforementioned items to the state licensing office.

New registration documents are sent via mail when applications are approved by the state.

How to Renew Your Car Registration in Person

MO registration renewal can also be completed in person at a license and tag office. Your renewal notice contains instructions on how to complete the in-person application process. The following items must be presented to a local licensing office in the state:

  • Photo ID
  • Completed application for new registration containing valid and up-to-date personal information
  • Required fees using a valid method of payment
  • Proof of auto insurance and emissions testing, if required
  • Additional verification documents, if required

New registration documents are provided when the aforementioned items are approved.

Military & Out of State Vehicle Registration Renewal in Missouri

For out-of-state Missouri residents and those enlisted in the military, vehicle registration renewal online or by mail is available. Expiration dates and fee payments for late renewal still apply for military or out-of-state residents. When completing a registration renewal application, applicants can indicate whether a vehicle has been out of state for more than 60 days.

Missouri Vehicle Registration Renewal Fees

Missouri vehicle registration renewal costs apply when completing the registration renewal process in the state. These costs vary depending on the type of vehicle registration being renewed. For all types of vehicles, a $5 fee is applied for a late renewal submissions.

Last updated on Monday, March 9 2020.