How to Renew Your Vehicle Registration in Pennsylvania
The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation notifies vehicle owners of the expiration date of their vehicle registration by mail. Vehicle registrations can be renewed before the expiration date either through the mail, using the DOT's online service, or in person.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL BY U.S. MAIL
REGISTRATION RENEWAL VIA THE INTERNET
- Go to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Online Services website.
- Have your Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit/debit card handy to pay for the renewal.
- There is no additional fee for online renewals.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL IN PERSON
- Locate the nearest Driver License Center or Messenger Service.
- Bring the registration renewal form, along with check or money order (as these are the only accepted forms of payment in the Driver License Centers) to pay for the renewal.
- The Messenger Services charge an additional convenience fee, the value of which they decide for themselves.
Registration for different categories of vehicles in Pennsylvania will have different fees that range from $9 to $562.50 as seen here
. Registration fees are $10 for people who qualify as retired
. Passenger vehicle renewal fees are $36.
- Before renewal, check for errors in the pre-printed vehicle renewal notice that arrived in the mail.
- For correction or change of address use the online service to correct your address before renewing.
- For any other error, dial the toll-free number (800) 932-4600 to reach the Driver and Vehicle Services Customer Call Center.