Pennsylvania Free Practice Test
Pennsylvania DMV.com FREE Practice Test Sections
The DMV.com free driving practice tests contain questions taken from the official Pennsylvania driver’s manual. This manual must be read and studied before taking the DMV.com practice test. Study the sections on signs and signals, traffic laws, parking and safe driving as these cover a majority of the questions.
Traffic laws are designed to keep drivers and pedestrians as safe as possible on the roads in Pennsylvania. It is important to understand what is considered acceptable behavior while operating a motor vehicle
The official Pennsylvania written drivers exam is made up of questions from different sections of the drives manual. Questions covering traffic rules and regulations, or how to properly deal with a vehicular accident, are included in the official exam. Drivers who have studied for the and who want to test their level of knowledge, should take a DMV.com Sample Practice Exams.
Pennsylvania drivers are required to fully understand and obey traffic signs. These signs help direct the flow of traffic, and relay important information to individuals operating a motor vehicle.
The Pennsylvania written drivers test contains a section of questions on road signs. Drivers must learn to identify and define the meaning of traffic signs in order to pass the written knowledge exam. The section with traffic sign questions contains the following:
- Traffic sign meanings.
- Traffic sign identification.
- Placards and warning signs.
- Turns at intersections.
Use the DMV.com Free Sample Practice Test to learn more about the traffic signs you will encounter while on the road.
Drivers of motor vehicles are supposed to learn how to identify instructions being relayed by traffic signals before taking the official written drivers test. The most important pieces of information about traffic signals are contained in the official Pennsylvania driver’s manual. Drivers are recommended to read the manual before taking the DMV.com’s practice tests, as our questions are taken directly from the DMV written knowledge exam.
Pavement markings are used for regulating traffic and serve as guidance for drivers of motor vehicles. Drivers are required to learn what each marking stands for before taking the Pennsylvania written driver’s exam. Test your knowledge by taking our DMV.com sample practice exam. Examples of pavement markings are as follows:
- Stop lines
- Crosswalk lines
- Railroad crossings
- Center lines
- No passing lines
- Edge lines
- Lane divisions
- Turning lanes
- Bicycle lanes
- Traffic striping
Weather conditions affect a driver’s ability to operate a motor vehicle. Inclement weather, such as snow, fog or even rain is a problem for drivers who are not experienced, or do not know the proper procedures for driving in these conditions.
The Pennsylvania written drivers exam includes questions on how to operate motor vehicles in specific weather conditions. The Official DMV written drivers exam focuses on the following driving situations:
- Driving in rain and snow
- Driving with limited visibility
- Engine breakdown
- Blown tires
- Wet brakes or brake failure
- Jammed gas pedals
- Drifting, skidding, and hydroplaning
DMV Driving Exam Study Checklist
To get good results, DMV.com recommends you follow this five-step written drivers exam study checklist to get the most out of your preparations:
- Read the official Pennsylvania driver’s license manual – Make sure to go through all of the sections from the manual. Questions on the written drivers exam will be taken from the sections about road laws, traffic signs and signals, parking and safe driving.
- Take the DMV.com Driver’s License Sample Test – This will test your knowledge and see what information you have retained after reading the manual. The DMV.com Sample Test will give you a range of questions similar to those on the official Pennsylvania written driver’s exam.
- Read the DMV.com Study Guide – Purchase our DMV.com Study Guide after you take and complete the driver’s license sample test. The Guide contains important information taken from the Pennsylvania driver’s license manual, reorganized in a systematic way to help you remember more information in a shorter time.
- Premium Practice Tests – Our DMV.com Sample Test you took is the best way for you to determine your level of performance before taking the official Pennsylvania written drivers exam. If you need additional preparation, purchase the DMV.com Premium Practice Test. Now you can take the exam over and over again until you feel properly prepared for the real test.
- Schedule an Appointment – A score of 90 percent or higher on our DMV.com Sample Test means you ae ready to take the official test. You will only need to schedule an appointment with the Pennsylvania DMV.
Getting Your Driver’s License
Pennsylvania residents who need a driver’s license must pass a DMV written driver’s exam as part of the application process. Without passing this examination you will not be able to get a driver’s license. Follow this step-by-step process:
- Read the PA DMV drivers manual.
- Take the DMV.com Free Driving Test.
- Use the DMV.com Study Guide to increase your knowledge.
- Take the premium practice driving test as many times as need, until you get the wanted results.
- Collect the required documents for getting a driver’s license.
- Schedule an appointment at your local Pennsylvania DMV office.
- Take the official DMV written drivers exam.
- Pass a vision test.
- Pass a road skills exam.
- Submit the required documents at the Pennsylvania DMV office.