The Following DMV Related Services are Available Online:
It is mandated by federal guidelines that every commercial diver passes the DOT physical exam. The purpose of this test is to check whether a potential driver is fit enough to drive safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Passing the exam successfully usually means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, although in some instances this period might be shortened in case that serious health issues could arise in the future.
<h2>Department of Transportation Requirements</h2>
To pass the physical for the CDL you:.
- With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision.
- Must be capable of distinguishing colors found on traffic signals.
- Hearing needs to be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Your blood pressure must be under 160/100. Prescription medication may be used to control blood pressure.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
- The maximum level of blood sugar an applicant is allowed to have is 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is permitted.
Check the the list below to find a physical test location close to you.