The Following DMV Related Services are Available Online:
It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the DOT health exam. The goal of this exam is to check whether a potential driver is fit enough to drive safely now and in the near future. Successfully passing the exam usually means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, although in some cases this period might be shortened in case that serious health issues might arise in the future.
Department of Transportation Requirements
The basic requirements for passing a DOT physical exam are:.
- Need to have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye as well as both combined. Vision correction devices such as glasses or contacts are allowed.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Should be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Blood pressure has to be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication may be used to control blood pressure.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- Use of schedule 1 drugs is disallowed
- If you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as congestive cardiac failure, collapse or cardiac insufficiency, then you will need to provide the Medical Examiner with a stress test as well as with a note from your physician which states that you are capable of driving a commercial motor vehicle without restrictions restrictions.
To find a CDL physical exam location close to you look at the list below.
CDL Physical locations in Maine
219 Capitol StreetAugusta Maine
34 Gilman RoadBangor Maine
10 Hospital DriveBridgton Maine
59 East AvenueLewiston Maine
29 Winter StreetNorway Maine
1600 Congress StreetPortland Maine