The Following DMV Related Services are Available Online:
It is mandated by federal guidelines that every commercial diver passes the Department of Transportation health exam. The goal of this test is to check whether an applicant is physically capable of driving safely now and in the near future. Successfully passing the exam means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, unless you have some health problem which could become worse in the in the near term, in which case the you’ll have to take the exam sooner.
<h2>Department of Transportation Requirements</h2>
Passing the DOT physical will require:.
- Need to have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye as well as both combined. Vision correction devices such as glasses or contacts are allowed.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Needs to be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Maximum allowable blood pressure is 160/100. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is permitted.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- Use of schedule 1 drugs is strictly disallowed
To find a CDL physical exam location close to you look at the list below.