The Following DMV Related Services are Available Online:
Federal guidelines mandate that all commercial drivers pass the DOT physical exam. The purpose of this test is to check whether an applicant is fit enough to drive safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Passing the exam successfully usually means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, although in some cases this period might be shortened in case that serious health issues might arise in the future.
Department of Transportation Requirements
The basic requirements for passing a DOT physical exam are:.
- Need to have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye as well as both combined. Vision correction devices such as glasses or contacts are allowed.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Hearing should be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Blood pressure must be under 160/100. Prescription medication may be employed to control blood pressure.
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- Use of schedule 1 drugs is strictly forbidden
- If you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as collapse, congestive cardiac failure or cardiac insufficiency, then you will need to present the Medical Examiner with a stress test along with a note from your physician stating that you are able to drive a commercial motor vehicle with no restrictions.
Check the the list below to find a physical exam location near you.
CDL Physical locations in Louisiana
3235 Perkins RoadBaton Rouge Louisiana
4015 Jefferson HighwayJefferson Louisiana
1600 Williams Blvd.Kenner Louisiana
318 Baronne StreetNew Orleans Louisiana