The Following DMV Related Services are Available Online:
Federal guidelines mandate that anyone applying for a CDL must pass the DOT health exam. The purpose of this test is to check whether an applicant is fit enough to drive safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Passing the exam successfully means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, unless you have some health issue which could become worse in the in the near term, in which case the you’ll have to take the exam sooner.
The basic requirements for passing a DOT physical exam are:.
* Vision in both eyes as well as each eye individually needs to be 20/40, with visual improvement devices, such as glasses or contacts permitted.
* Must be capable of distinguishing colors found on traffic signals.
* Should be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
* Your blood pressure must be under 160/100. Prescription medication may be employed to control blood pressure.
* Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
* The maximum level of blood sugar an applicant is allowed to have is 200.
* Use of schedule 1 drugs is disallowed
* If you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as congestive cardiac failure, collapse or cardiac insufficiency, then you will be required to provide the Medical Examiner with a stress test along with a note from your physician stating that you are capable of driving a commercial motor vehicle with no restrictions.
Check the the list below to find a physical exam location near you.