Connecticut DOT Physical Exam For CDL
Federal guidelines mandate that anyone applying for a commercial drivers license must pass the Department of Transportation health exam. The purpose of this test is to determine whether a potential driver is fit enough to drive safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Passing the exam successfully means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, unless you have some health issue which could become worse in the in the near term, in which case the you’ll have to take the exam sooner.
To pass the physical for the CDL you:.
* With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision.
* Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
* Should be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
* Your blood pressure must be under 160/100. Prescription medication to control blood pressure is permitted.
* An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
* Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
* Use of schedule 1 drugs is forbidden
Look through the list below to find a physical test location near you.