Oklahoma DOT Physical Exam For CDL
It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the Department of Transportation physical exam. The goal of this exam is to determine whether an applicant is fit enough to drive safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Successfully passing the exam usually means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, although in some instances this period might be decreased if serious health issues could appear in the future.
To pass the physical for the CDL you:.
* Need to have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye as well as both combined. Vision correction devices such as glasses or contacts are allowed.
* Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
* Hearing should be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
* Maximum allowable blood pressure is 160/100. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is allowed.
* Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
* Your blood sugar level must be less than 200.
* No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is allowd.
Check the the list below to discover a physical exam location close to you.