You can apply for a new driver's license at any Driver License Exam Station in Oklahoma. Obtain a Oklahoma Driver's Manual to familiarize with the driving rules and regulations.
NEW DRIVERS AND FIRST TIME APPLICANTS
Following are the basic requirements for applying for an Oklahoma driver's license:
- Applicants must be 16 years or older.
- Any individual under 18 should provide parental consent and must complete the graduated driver licensing process. For additional details, see Graduated Drivers License.
- Everyone must pass the vision, written, and driving tests. See Driver's Manual for more information on details of these tests and to help pass them.
- Applicants must provide acceptable primary and secondary proofs of identification, residency, and and presence
If you are above 16 and traveling, you can use your existing state license for up to a period of one year in Oklahoma. Once you become a resident of Oklahoma, you need to get a valid license for the state of Oklahoma. However, like other applicants, new residents must provide proof of identification, residency and presence.
Non-US citizens residing in Oklahoma may apply for an Oklahoma driver's license, as long as they can provide proof that they are legally authorized to be in the United States, and meet all the other requirements. Note that an Oklahoma driver's license issued to a foreign national will expire no later than the last date on which they are authorized to be in the United States by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.
The cost for a non-commercial (Class D) Oklahoma driver's license consists of an application fee of $4 and a license fee of $21.50.
After 62 years of age, the license fee gradually reduces until the age of 65, after which, there is no license fee; only a renewal fee is applicable.
- At age 62, the application fee is $4, license fee is $11.25
- At age 63, the application fee is $4, license fee is $7.50
- At age 64, the application fee is $4, license fee is $3.75
- At age 65, the application fee is $4, license fee is $0
The validity of an Oklahoma driver's license is 4 years, and it can be renewed
up to 6 months in advance.
With certain restrictions, an individual can legally drive in Oklahoma with a learner's permit. See more information on Graduated License Program here