Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save DMV.com Exclusive!
An Oklahoma Driver's License can be renewed in person at any Driver License Station or with an authorized tag agent (agents will accept only certified birth certificates as proof of identity) in the State. Renewal by mail is an option for Oklahoma license holders who are currently out of state.
WHEN TO RENEW YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE
- Oklahoma licenses normally have a validity of four years from the date of issue and do not expire on your birthday.
- The license can be renewed up to six months before the expiration date.
TO RENEW IN PERSON
You must bring:
- Proof of identity.
- If there is a name change, relevant documentation (marriage license, court order, etc.) is needed.
- Proof of legal presence if you are renewing after your license expired.
- A renewal fee of $21.50.
TO RENEW BY MAIL
Oklahoma residents who are temporarily out-of-state can renew their license by mailing the following information:
- Your full name and date of birth
- Your expiring driver's license number
- Proof of identity (A copy each of primary and secondary document).
- Current out of state address.
- A cashier's check for $21.50 made payable to: Oklahoma Department of Public Safety
Mail all the documents to:
Oklahoma Department of Public Safety Driver License Services: Renewal By Mail P.O. Box 11415 Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73136.