Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save DMV.com Exclusive!
A West Virginia Driver's License can be renewed in person at any driver exam station in the State.
WHEN TO RENEW YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE
- Your West Virginia driver's license generally expires on your birthday. The DMV will send you a renewal card before the expiration date. (You will find the new renewal fee and year of expiration on it).
- If your license has expired for more than six months, you will have to take the written and skills tests like any first time applicant.
Note: West Virginia has introduced the âdrive for five' program under which all drivers' licenses will expire at an age divisible by five. (i.e., 25, 30, 35 and so on.)
The new license is generally valid for five years, but if your current license expires at an age not divisible by five, then the expiry of your new license will be adjusted (for 3-7 years) so that it does so. For example if your current license expires at age 28, you will be issued a seven year license (For more details see).
TO RENEW IN PERSON
You must bring:
- Your expiring license or proof of identity if the expiring license is not available.
- If your name has changed, documentation of the to Birth Date, Name, Gender, and Social Security Number name change is required.
- proof of identity document.
- The renewal fee (It will be printed on your renewal card. Anywhere between $8 and $18, depending on the number of years it is being renewed for). You can refer to the see.
Contact 1-800-642-9066 or (304) 558-3900 if you need further information