Motorcycle Driver Handbook/Manual
In order to apply for your Motorcycle Permit and License you must first pass a written test on road signs and traffic laws. You will then receive a permit which allows you ride with restrictions. For more information please see our Applying for a Motorcycle License section.
The driver’s manual is the book that provides the information you need to know in order to pass your written test and to get your beginners permit. It is important to read the manual because they have pertinent information necessary to pass this test and ride a motorcycle safely.
Sections of the Manual
There are several major topics covered in the handbook including:
- Permit information and restrictions
- Information regarding motorcycles and proper gear to wear when riding
- Vehicle control
- Traffic laws
- Safety precautions
- How to ride safely
- Carrying passengers or group riding
- Mechanical issues
- See also Driving Manuals
- For information on driver education and training see Driving Schools
- For further details about the motorcycle licensing process see Motorcycle Licensing