How to Renew a Driver's License in Arkansas
An Arkansas Driver's License can be renewed either in person at any county revenue office in the State, at certain authorized Wal-Mart outlets or by mail.
WHEN TO RENEW YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE
Your Arkansas driver's license will generally expire on your birthday four years after it was issued.
- It is advisable to renew your driver's license before the birthday on which it will expire. You can renew your license any time in the six months leading up to its expiration.
- Your driving privileges expire on the midnight of your birthday if you do not renew. However, you will still have an additional three months to renew your license without any additional testing requirements.
TO RENEW IN PERSONYou must bring:
- Your expiring license or proof of financial responsibility if the expiring license is not available.
- If your name has changed, documentation of the name change is required.
- Renewal fee of $20, payable by cash or check.
- Call the Office of Driver Services (ODS) at 501-682-4692 or email email@example.com for the forms.
- Take the completed form and fees to:
Office of Motor Vehicle 1900 West Seventh Street Suite 2042 Ragland Building Little Rock, AR 72201 orA state Revenue Office
TO RENEW BY MAILInstead of going to ODS in person, you can mail the form and fees to ODS along with:
- Name change documentation, if required.
- A self-addressed and stamped envelope for the return of the receipt, which can be used as a temporary driver's license.
- Note that Arkansas does not currently offer driver's license renewal online.
- See also Renewing a Commercial Driver's License.
- See also How to Apply for a New License or How to Replace a Lost License.
- See also Registration Renewal.
- In case of any problems with driver's license renewal, you can call 501-682-7052 or fax 501-682-7934.