Get Your Arkansas Practice Test
Get prepared for the 2018 Arkansas Written Drivers Exam with our comprehensive and update-to-date practice tests and study guides. Our exam prep tools are designed to give you a complete understanding of all the topics covered on the real DMV exam, including traffic laws, road signs, hazardous driving precautions and much more. Start studying today!
Premium Practice Tests
- Pass your DMV driver’s license test the first time
- Cut study time in half with our Cheat Sheet
- Get tested with relevant Practice Test questions
- Includes Road Sign test
New drivers fail the written driving test on their first try.
You are 5 times more likely to pass the DMV test after taking our premium practice test.
State motorists can strongly increase their performance on drivers licensing tests by taking an Arkansas DMV practice test first. Practice tests have been shown to prepare applicants for the types and styles of questions they will encounter and improve drivers’ awareness of when they are ready to test. Using a practice test with a permit test study guide can offer additional benefits.
The majority of motorists fail the official written test on their first attempt, which is what makes taking a practice driving test so important. In general, a well-designed DMV study guide and practice test can prepare drivers to succeed in both the written knowledge exam and the road skills test. To learn more about these important study resources, read the sections below.
What are the benefits of taking an Arkansas DMV practice test?
Using an Arkansas practice driving test as part of the preparation process can yield various benefits. Overall, seven out of every 10 new drivers fail to pass the official written tests on the first attempt. On the other hand, using a drivers test study guide and practice test can:
- Improve your understanding and retention of test material.
- Increase your ability to understand and correctly answer test questions.
- Reduce testing anxiety.
- Help you determine when you are ready to formally test.
- Make you five times more likely to pass the written permit test.
- Save you time and money by preventing you from needing to retake the test multiple times.
What is included in DMV.com’s Arkansas drivers license practice test?
DMV.com’s permit practice test contains 50 questions, which are modeled after the questions that prospective motorists will encounter on the actual DMV exams. It also contains an answer key at the end, which can be used for scoring and clarification. Generally, these driving test questions cover various subjects that motorists are required to know for their permit exams. This includes:
- Roadway signs and signals, including pavement markings.
- Driving laws and safe driving practices.
- Standard vehicle operations, including parking and lane changes.
- The right of way.
- Emergency and accident procedures.
Arkansas Drivers License Test Rules and Requirements
The Arkansas DMV permit test process is overseen by the state’s Department of Finance and Administration (DFA). Applicants seeking learners permits must start by undergoing vision screenings and passing written exams. After practicing their on-the-road driving skills under the supervision of qualified, licensed drivers, residents may schedule an appointment for the road skills test. Overall, motorists may apply for learners permits as young as 14 years of age.
In any case, applicants are strongly encouraged to verify testing procedures and availability with their local DFA divisions before seeking to take a road skills or written driving test. Motorists in need of special accommodations of any kind, including interpreters, should also contact their local DFA branch in advance.
How to Pass a Driving Test in Arkansas
There are 25 Arkansas DMV test questions on the official exam. Moreover, applicants must answer 20 or more of them correctly in order to pass. On the other hand, road tests are comprised of driving a pre-determined course on public roadways and completing standard maneuvers as instructed. Written permit test questions may cover:
- Traffic signs, signals and other markings.
- Safe and legal operation of a vehicle.
- The right of way.
- Emergency situations.
Furthermore, road skills exams may include maneuvers such as parking, turning and obeying traffic patterns and/or signage.
What is included in DMV.com’s Arkansas drivers test study guide?
DMV.com’s learners permit study guide covers all of the material that motorists will need to know to pass their permit and licensing exams. It provides new drivers with an easy-to-use companion resource for the state-issued driver’s manual. By highlighting key ideas and presenting them in a clean, simple format, the study guide helps motorists learn and retain the information they need. Key subjects covered in the drivers license study guide include:
- Traffic lights, signals and signs.
- Rules of the road.
- Right of way.
- Safe driving guidelines and best practices.
- Pavement markings.
- Turn signal usage.
- Driving in inclement weather.
How to Use DMV.com’s Arkansas Drivers Permit Practice Test and Study Guide
Motorists can use DMV.com’s drivers permit practice test in a number of ways, depending on their personal needs and preferences. The test can be used independently or alongside the written driver test study guide or state-issued drivers manual to:
- Learn essential material.
- Study alone or with friends.
- Refresh or review knowledge.
- Assess test readiness.
- Master reading and understanding test questions, including their format and style.
- Reduce test anxiety.
Motorists can use the DMV permit practice test and study guide across a wide range of devices, and as many times as they desire. This brings maximum flexibility and user-friendliness to the test preparation process, offering the ideal value.
Free DMV Practice Tests in Arkansas
The Arkansas DFA offers a free online drivers license practice test for all applicants. Moreover, a variety of other tests are available from online companies and third-party providers. These tests range in quality and pricing, and motorists should choose carefully to ensure that they are selecting a product that will genuinely help them study. The best tests will:
- Offer drivers license test questions modeled after those on the formal test.
- Provide a large number of questions for variety and comprehensiveness.
- Deliver information relevant to both the written and road skills tests.
- Be reusable for an unlimited number of times.
- Be accessible across multiple devices.
How to Schedule a Drivers License Test in Arkansas
Motorists must contact the Department of Finance and Administration in order to schedule a DMV driving test appointment in Arkansas. However, be mindful that appointments are only required for road skills tests. If you are planning on simply taking the written knowledge exam first, no appointment will be required.
What to Bring to a Driving Test in Arkansas
The required documents that new motorists need to take with them to drivers license testing appointments can vary depending on their ages. Drivers younger than 18 years of age need:
- A certified birth certificate.
- A Social Security card.
- Proof of enrollment in school (or graduation from school).
- Proof of a 2.0 or better grade point average.
- To be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Acceptable forms of payment.
Motorists who are 18 years of age or older applying for their first learners permits tests must take:
- Proof of identity (e.g. birth certificate, passport).
- Documents proving a name change, if applicable (e.g. birth certificate or marriage license).
- Proof of residency.
- A Social Security card.
- Acceptable forms of payment.
Applicants taking their road tests must also provide a registered and insured vehicle in which to test.
Arkansas DMV Driving Test Fees
Arkansas motorists may encounter the following driving test fees:
- Written knowledge test fee of $5
- Drivers license fee of $40
- Use effective study tools to ace the driver’s license test
- Quickly learn important traffic laws and road signs
- Be prepared with Arkansas-specific Practice Test questions
- Pass the first time or your money back!
Premium Study Tools
The DMV.com Arkansas Study Guide and Practice Test are the No. 1 study resources for beginner drivers. The Study Guide simplifies complicated sections of the Arkansas Driver’s Handbook, while the Practice Test gives you plenty of chances to prepare for the official written driver’s exam. Not to mention that by incorporating these tools, you will learn the traffic rules in and out – and in half the time.