Most new boats must be registered through the Arkansas Department of Finance & Administration Office of Motor Vehicles before they can be sailed and are then governed by the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission.
VESSELS THAT REQUIRE REGISTRATION
- Any powerboat
- Any sailboat
VESSELS THAT DO NOT REQUIRE REGISTRATION
- Boats registered with the US Coast Guard
- Any boat that is propelled only by oars or paddles
- Boats registered in another state and not being used in Arkansas for more than 90 days
TO REGISTER IN PERSON
- You can register a boat in person by visiting your local OMV office or any County Revenue office.
- You must bring a completed boat registration application and proof of ownership such as a bill of sale, current registration, invoice, bill of lading, certificate of origin, or out-of-state title, proof of assessment for the current year, receipts for personal property taxes of the owner and proof of liability insurance for boats of 50hp and above.
TO REGISTER BY U.S. MAIL
The boat registration application and requisite documents can also be mailed to:
Department of Finance & Administration Office of Motor Vehicles P O Box 1272 Little rock, AR 72203-3153