is a privately owned website. Privacy

Replace a Lost, Stolen or Mutilated Arkansas Driver's License or ID Card

Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save Exclusive!

Drivers License Online Services Guide

Arkansas Driver's License Replacement

Replacement of damaged, stolen or lost drivers licenses in Arkansas is handled by the Department of Finance and Administration. Drivers who need to obtain an AR drivers license copy must submit the necessary documents and fees to any local State Revenue Office. Both in-state and out-of-state residents are able to apply for a duplicate drivers license in AR, but the application methods may not be the same. As driving without a license is against the law, applicants are encouraged to initiate a procedure to replace drivers license as soon as possible.

In cases of lost or stolen drivers licenses, several drivers decide to report the case to the police. This is not required by the DFA, but it can help the licensee prevent identity theft. To discover which application methods are available to get a copy of drivers license in Arkansas, explore the topics below.

Replace an Arkansas Drivers License

Drivers license replacement in Arkansas is available in person only for in-state residents, while those who are outside of the state must request a duplicate drivers license in AR by mail. In-person applications are processed at any State Revenue Office and drivers must present proof of identity and residency, along with the fees for a drivers license copy, which are currently set at $10. Out-of-state applicants must call the DFA to inquire about obtaining a replacement drivers license via mail and then prepare the necessary documents and payment. Inquiries are also processed via email.

How to Report a Lost or Stolen AR Driver's License

If you are dealing with a stolen or lost drivers license in Arkansas, you can report the case to your local law enforcement agency to prevent identity theft. The Department of Finance and Administration does not require drivers to submit a police report in order to process a drivers license replacement procedure, but if you are concerned that your personal information may be at risk, you should go to the police. Note that you will be asked for a document to prove your identity in order to file a report.

Replacing Your Arkansas Driver's License

The Arkansas drivers license replacement method depends on whether you are applying from within the state or outside of it. In-state applicants must visit a State Revenue Office, while residents who are temporarily out of state must apply by mail. The AR DFA requires drivers to present one primary document as proof of identity or two secondary, along with payment for the duplicate drivers license fees.

In Person

To replace drivers licenses in Arkansas in person, you will need to go to your local State Revenue Office and submit an application. Prior to starting the process to get a copy of drivers license, an office worker will ask you for a document to verify your identity. You can either present one single document from a primary list or two documents from a secondary list. Some of the acceptable primary identification documents include:

  • A U.S. passport.
  • A U.S. birth certificate.
  • Immigration and naturalization documents.
  • DHS photo documents.

The secondary list includes documents such as:

  • Car registration or car title documents.
  • Military ID card.
  • Court order or marriage/divorce papers.
  • IRS tax documents.
  • Photo school or work ID.

By Mail

Replacing drivers licenses in Arkansas by mail is available to residents who are temporarily out-of-state or serve in the military. Typically, a DMV duplicate license in AR can be obtained by mail if the applicant makes a special request to the AR DFA over the phone, by mail or email. Once an operator has approved your request, you will receive a paper application with instructions on how to proceed with the drivers license replacement application. Note that you may be asked to provide documents of identification and a mandatory payment for the service fees.

Out-of-State License Replacement and Replacing an AR License for Military Members

If you need to replace drivers licenses in Arkansas while out of state as a military member or are simply unable to return to AR and complete the drivers license replacement in person, you will need to make a special request to the DFA. You can request a copy of your driver's licenses in AR over the phone or by email, or by sending a written request to the Drivers License Issuance office at Little Rock.

If your request for a DMV duplicate license is approved, you will receive a paper application form along with further instructions on the necessary paperwork that you need to enclose as well as the fees you need to pay. When sending the application by mail, remember to send payment for the fee using money order or check. Return the application for a replacement drivers license in Arkansas to the following address:

Driver's License Issuance
Room 2120
P.O. Box 1272
Little Rock, AR 72203

Have a Question? Get Instant Online Answers!

Powered By