Arkansas Free Practice Test
DMV.com FREE Practice Test Sections
DMV.com’s FREE Practice Test and the actual written drivers test contain questions taken out of the content from the official Arkansas Driver’s Manual. We have also created a DMV.com Study Guide in order to simplify the studying process for the written knowledge exam. Both the Practice Tests and the Study Guide will help you understand all the important information on road rules, traffic signs and signals, parking, and driving safety. Your preparation process should begin with a simple review of our Study Guide. After that, you are advised to test yourself with our FREE sample practice test, which is sure to help you pass the written knowledge exam.
Become Familiar with Traffic Laws
All prospective drivers who want to be safe and responsible need to familiarize themselves with the Arkansas traffic laws so that they can easily pass the DMV written drivers test. Before you take the actual exam, you are highly recommended to take the DMV.com Sample Practice Test and check your knowledge on traffic laws. That way, you will be able to spot your mistakes and review the material prior to visiting the closest AR DMV office to take the written knowledge exam.
Recognize Traffic Signs
Traffic signs are important in order to safely operate a motor vehicle on the public roads of Arkansas. They are usually placed on the side of the road and can indicate traffic rules, hazards, location or travel directions. Traffic signs can also be found in different shapes and colors, which indicate the kind of information being expressed on the signs.
The written drivers exam will have questions on traffic signs, such as:
- Traffic sign colors and shapes
- Traffic sign identification and meanings
- Destination signs
- Warning signs
- Railroad crossing signs
- Turns at intersection signs
- Work area signs
Use the DMV.com Study Guide and Free Sample Practice Test to learn how to use traffic signs.
Obey Traffic Signals
Traffic signals have a similar importance in daily traffic life. Drivers must understand and obey traffic signals, just like they must follow traffic signs. They also need to learn them before taking a written drivers test. DMV.com advises you to test yourself by taking numerous Free Practice Tests before heading to the closest AR DMV office to take the official Arkansas DMV written exam.
Familiarize Yourself with Pavement Markings
Pavement markings are necessary to understand and obey. Once you finish studying the pavement markings, you can gauge your knowledge by taking the DMV.com sample practice test. Below, you can see the most important pavement markings in Arkansas:
- Fog lines and lane lines
- White lane markings
- Crosswalk and stop lines
- Yellow lane markings
- Shared center lane lines
Drive Carefully in Inclement Weather
Bad weather and other traffic circumstances may cause accidents on the public roads in Arkansas. Therefore, drivers are required to learn how to handle inclement weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or fog. The Arkansas written drivers exam includes questions about the most appropriate way for operating a motor vehicle, and you can find the following topics covered on the DMV.com free sample test:
- Jammed gas pedals
- Wet brakes or brake failure
- Tire blowout or power failure
- Engine breakdown
- Drifting, skidding and hydroplaning
- Driving in foggy weather with limited visibility
- Driving on wet roads, due to rain or snow
Arkansas DMV Driving Exam Study Checklist
DMV.com recommends you follow this five-step written drivers exam study checklist when preparing for the test:
- Review the official Arkansas Driver’s Manual: The Arkansas written drivers exam contains questions taken from the driver’s manual chapters on traffic laws, signs and signals, parking, and driving safety. Therefore, you are required to review those chapters before taking the examination.
- Take the DMV.com Driver’s License Sample Test – Take the sample test in order to see what the actual drivers knowledge test will look like.
- Read the DMV.com Study Guide: Purchase and read our simplified DMV.com Study Guide in order to learn what you need to know for the written drivers exam, without wandering through the driver’s manual.
- Premium Practice Tests: Use the DMV.com Premium Practice Test to help you reach a high score on the actual drivers knowledge test.
- Take the written knowledge test: A score of 90 percent or higher on the practice test is a sign that you are ready to visit the closest Arkansas DMV office and take the written drivers test.
Getting Your AR Driver’s License
Residents of Arkansas who want to get a learner’s permit or a driver’s license, need to pass a written knowledge exam. To get your Arkansas driver’s license, follow this step-by-step process:
- Read the Arkansas Driver’s Manual.
- Take the DMV.com Free Practice Test.
- Use the DMV.com Study Guide to review the subjects you aren’t too comfortable with.
- Take the practice driving exam as many times as you think you need to, or until you reach a score of 90 percent or higher.
- Gather the required documents for a driver’s license application.
- Take the official DMV written drivers exam.
- Pass a vision test.
- Pass a road skills exam.
- Submit the needed documentation and payment for the appropriate fees.