Get Your Colorado Practice Test
Get prepared for the 2018 Colorado Written Drivers Exam with our comprehensive and update-to-date practice tests and study guides. Our exam prep tools are designed to give you a complete understanding of all the topics covered on the real DMV exam, including traffic laws, road signs, hazardous driving precautions and much more. Start studying today!
Premium Practice Tests
- Pass your DMV driver’s license test the first time
- Cut study time in half with our Cheat Sheet
- Get tested with relevant Practice Test questions
- Includes Road Sign test
New drivers fail the written driving test on their first try.
You are 5 times more likely to pass the DMV test after taking our premium practice test.
DMV practice test and study guide combinations are often unexpectedly powerful tools for new motorists in Colorado. On average, 70 percent of prospective drivers fail their permit and licensing exams on the first try. This leads to delays in obtaining licenses, along with increased frustration and additional costs. Motorists who use DMV study guide and practice test materials, however, are consistently more likely to pass their tests. These results are due to a combination of more accurate expectations, better awareness of test material and test readiness and reduced stress around the testing process.
Many prospective drivers who prepare for the Colorado driving exams using only the state Drivers Manual going into testing with a poor understanding of the driving test questions they will face. Quality supplemental study resources combat this problem by exposing motorists to the types and styles of questions they can expect to see.
What are the benefits of taking a Colorado DMV practice test?
Taking a Colorado practice driving test, such as the premium test offered by DMV.com, can make motorists up to five times more likely to pass their exams. Seven out of 10 new motorists fail their written driving tests on the first try. Using a practice exam, particularly in conjunction with a permit test study guide not only increases chances of passing but:
- Can save motorists time, money and frustration.
- Clarify testing formats and expectations.
- Increase information retention and confidence.
- Help motorists accurately gauge when they are ready to formally test.
- Make motorists better drivers by expanding their comprehension and memory of how to handle accidents, poor weather conditions and other hazards.
What is included in DMV.com’s Colorado drivers license practice test?
DMV.com’s Colorado permit practice test provides motorists with 50 multiple-choice sample test questions and a separate answer key. Questions cover the full range of topics that students are required to know to pass their permit and licensing exams. All sample permit test questions and answers mirror the format, wording and content motorists will see on their formal exams.
Colorado Drivers License Test Rules and Requirements
There are 25 questions on the Colorado learners permit written driving test. Applicants must answer at least 20 questions correctly to pass. There is no time limit and no limit on the number of times applicants may retest. Road skills drivers license test questions are asked by examiners in the form of instructions to complete certain maneuvers while driving a designated course.
Testing is not available at all DMV service centers, and appointments are required for both types of testing. New motorists may alternatively arrange to complete their testing with authorized private driving schools. All of the same standards and restrictions apply, but students using private schools will incur additional fees throughout the process.
The written driver test is available from the DMV in English and Spanish, and accommodations are available for motorists who need American Sign Language interpreters. Additional language options may be available from private driving schools. Interpreters may not accompany motorists during the road skills exam.
Motorists under 18 years of age must hold their permits for no less than 12 months before becoming eligible to take their DMV driving tests and cannot test before 16 years of age. Motorists 18 years of age or older are not subject to any minimum permit periods. Additionally, motorists under 18 years of age must turn in log sheets that are properly completed and signed to take a road test. For minors under 16.5 years of age, these sheets must document at least six hours of behind-the-wheel instruction with a licensed educator.
How to Pass a Driving Test in Colorado
Colorado DMV permit practice test and study materials should cover all of the same material applicants can expect to see on the formal written exam. This includes:
- Safe and controlled vehicle operation.
- Traffic laws.
- Road signs, markings and other indicators.
- Right of way.
- Emergency conditions and other hazards.
Drivers test study guide materials should cover the following topics, all of which appear on the road skills test:
- Perception and responsiveness, including motorists’ awareness of the road and their vehicle and ability to adapt to conditions.
- Attention sharing, such as the ability to maintain or adjust speed while switching lanes or turning.
- Speed control.
- Accelerating and stopping.
- Safe driving practices.
What is included in DMV.com’s Colorado drivers test study guide?
DMV.com’s Colorado learners permit study guide is strategically designed to complement the state’s Drivers Manual. It condenses the essential information students will need to pass their exams into a visually appealing, easy-to-use format that simplifies and reduces the stress of studying. The consolidated structure of the guide eliminates unnecessary material, allowing students to quickly identify and focus on what is most relevant and important.
Specifically, the drivers license study guide includes:
- Traffic lights, signs and signals.
- Rules of the road.
- Safe driving guidelines and best practices.
- Pavement markings.
- Proper use of turn signals and other vehicle indicators.
- Driving in inclement weather and handling emergencies.
How to Use DMV.com’s Colorado Drivers Permit Practice Test and Study Guide
Motorists can use DMV.com’s Colorado drivers permit practice test alone or with a friend or group to prepare for their licensing exams. Study guide sections can be used in place of flash cards to drill information or as a reference when working through sample test questions. The guide can also be used as a reference for comparison when motorists encounter information in the state Drivers Manual they do not understand.
The drivers license practice test can be taken repeatedly, if necessary, to help motorists:
- Become comfortable with the test question format and wording patterns.
- Assess their knowledge.
- Review and drill material they have previously covered.
- Increase confidence and reduce anxiety.
Free DMV Practice Tests in Colorado
While Colorado offers a variety of excellent training materials and resources, such as Parents’ Supervised Driving Program and app, it does not offer any learners permit practice test options at this time. Motorists must obtain practice materials from other sources.
While there are numerous resources available for this purpose at varying price points, DMV.com’s practice test and driving test study guide offer unmatched value. Unlike many other products they:
- Are designed to work together with each other and the state Drivers Manual but also independently.
- Comprehensively cover the material that may appear on licensing exams.
- Can conveniently be used across devices.
- Can be reused an unlimited number of times.
How to Schedule a Drivers License Test in Colorado
New drivers can make Colorado DMV driving test appointment arrangements online for almost all of the state’s DMV service centers. Some DMV services are also available through participating County Clerks Offices. Appointment requirements and procedures vary among these providers.
Alternatively, many driver education schools are approved driver testing locations, and students may take their exams as part of their driver education programs.
What to Bring to a Driving Test in Colorado
All new drivers must submit certain documents to sit for a Colorado DMV driving test. Applicants in certain age brackets must provide additional documents. To take the written test, all motorists need:
- Proof of identity, date of birth and residency.
- A Social Security Card.
- Acceptable payment.
Motorists under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian willing and legally able to sign an Affidavit of Liability and Guardianship.
All motorists sitting for road skills driving test must submit:
- A valid learners permit.
- A registered, insured and road worthy vehicle in which to test.
- Acceptable payment.
Additionally, to take the DMV driving test:
- New drivers between 15 and 15 and a half years of age must satisfactorily complete a 30 hour drivers education course and take documentation of such when applying for a permit.
- New drivers between 15 and a half and 16 years of age must satisfactorily complete a 30 hour drivers education course or a 4 hour driver awareness course and bring documentation of completion when applying.
Colorado DMV Driving Test Fees
Most Colorado DMV centers accept payment for driving tests in the form of cash, checks or credit cards. Standard licensing fees include:
- Drivers license $28
- Learners permit $16.80
- First duplicate permit or license $12
- Additional duplicate permits or licenses $16
- Written knowledge exam retests $11.15
- Driving skills retests $15
- Drivers license for applicants who cannot demonstrate legal presence $33
- Learners permit for applicants who cannot demonstrate legal presence $21
Colorado Practice Test Forms
Note: DMV forms change regularly. The forms provided above are current based on the date of writing.
- Adult License from Colorado.gov
- Drivers Manual from Colorado.gov
- Minor Permit from Colorado.gov
- Use effective study tools to ace the driver’s license test
- Quickly learn important traffic laws and road signs
- Be prepared with Colorado-specific Practice Test questions
- Pass the first time or your money back!
Premium Study Tools
The DMV.com Colorado Study Guide and Practice Test are the No. 1 study resources for beginner drivers. The Study Guide simplifies complicated sections of the Colorado Driver’s Handbook, while the Practice Test gives you plenty of chances to prepare for the official written driver’s exam. Not to mention that by incorporating these tools, you will learn the traffic rules in and out – and in half the time.