Get Your Florida Practice Test
Get prepared for the 2018 Florida Written Drivers Exam with our comprehensive and update-to-date practice tests and study guides. Our exam prep tools are designed to give you a complete understanding of all the topics covered on the real DMV exam, including traffic laws, road signs, hazardous driving precautions and much more. Start studying today!
Premium Practice Tests
- Pass your DMV driver’s license test the first time
- Cut study time in half with our Cheat Sheet
- Get tested with relevant Practice Test questions
- Includes Road Sign test
New drivers fail the written driving test on their first try.
You are 5 times more likely to pass the DMV test after taking our premium practice test.
Genuine driver’s test questions
These practice test questions originate from the official Florida driver’s handbook.
All-Inclusive DMV driving practice test
All-Inclusive DMV driving practice test
Unlimited access to the Florida Driving Practice Test
Take the driving practice test as many times as you need to get a passing score.
Pass or your money back
DMV.com wants you to pass the first time, and created the right study tools to help you do that. You will get a full refund if you need to retake the written drivers exam.
Using a Florida DMV practice test while preparing for licensing exams can significantly increase motorists’ likelihood of passing. Most new drivers are unaware that the majority of applicants fail their learners permits tests on the first try. There are many reasons for these failures. Applicants may have been confused with the material in the state’s Drivers Manual, or simply not have studied it enough. They may be anxious about testing or struggle with the format and wording of test questions. In some cases, they may simply have attempted to test too soon because they inaccurately gauged their readiness.
Employing practice tests and DMV study guide materials consistently combats all of these problems and more. New drivers who prepare using driving test questions modeled after those on the formal tests are consistently more successful and less likely to face unnecessary expenses and delays during the testing process.
What are the benefits of taking a Florida DMV practice test?
Seven out of every ten new Florida drivers fail their written driver tests on their first attempts. This costs them time, money and frustration as they must reschedule, retest and re-pay testing fees to move forward. However, taking a permit practice test, such as the premium version offered by DMV.com, makes drivers five times more likely to pass their exams.
What is included in DMV.com’s Florida drivers license practice test?
DMV.com’s practice driving test contains 50 questions and a corresponding answer key. Test questions cover the full range of material motorists can expect to find on the official exam, including topics ranging from driving laws to identifying road signs, signals and pavement markings. Questions are structured the same way and use the same vocabulary as the state test to increase users’ comfort and familiarity with their distinct style.
Florida Drivers License Test Rules and Requirements
Before taking a Florida DMV drivers test, applicants younger than 18 years of age or who have never been issued drivers licenses elsewhere must complete an approve TLSAE safe driving course. Minors will also need sponsorship signatures on their applications to sit for their permit tests.
The written permit exam contains 50 multiple-choice DMV test questions on safe driving, traffic laws and basic vehicle operation. Applicants must answer at least 40 of those questions correctly to pass.
Minors must hold their permits for no less than 12 months in order to sit for their road skills exams. Road skills tests require applicants to drive on public roadways for approximately 30 minutes, safely completing standard maneuvers such as changing lanes, turning, parking, accelerating and obeying traffic devices upon request.
How to Pass a Driving Test in Florida
Motorists have several options for taking their written Florida drivers license tests. These include:
- Testing in person at the DMV.
- Testing online via an approved third party administrator under the proctoring of a parent or guardian. (Available to new drivers younger than 18 years of age.)
- Testing in a high school drivers education course through the Driver Education Licensing Assistance Program (DELAP).
Similarly, DMV driving test road skills exams may be taken at DMV service centers or from licensed third-party providers, including DELAP high school driver education programs. Motorists who take their exams at the DMV must supply their own safe, registered and insured vehicle in which to test.
In all cases, the drivers license road skills test requires drivers to demonstrate their ability to:
- Obey traffic signs, signals and other indicators.
- Maintain control of their vehicles, including staying with their lanes, stopping and accelerating.
- Comply with Right of Way.
- Park (straight in and on a grade).
- Turn (including three point turns).
- Back up.
- Use proper posture and demonstrate awareness of surroundings at all times.
What is included in DMV.com’s Florida drivers test study guide?
The DMV.com Florida permit test study guide serves as an ideal partner to practice tests and the state’s Drivers Manual for motorists preparing for licensing. It is clean, concise and easy to use. Its design intentionally highlights key information, making it accessible and user-friendly to read, understand and study.
The drivers test study guide covers everything motorists are expected to know for testing, including:
- Traffic lights and signs.
- Rules of the road.
- Safe driving guidelines.
- Pavement markings.
- Turn signals.
- Driving in inclement weather.
How to Use DMV.com’s Florida Drivers Permit Practice Test and Study Guide
Motorists can use a DMV permit practice test to study independently or with others. The test can comfortably be used by motorists who prefer visual study methods as well as those who prefer to read and discuss information aloud. The test can be used alone or in combination with the Drivers Manual or a study guide.
The DMV.com drivers permit practice test is conveniently accessible from multiple types of devices and can be used an unlimited number of times. It is also directly based upon the state test and Drivers Manual, so the materials accurately convey to motorists what they can expect to see as they can expect to encounter it on their tests.
Free DMV Practice Tests in Florida
Florida offers a free, online drivers license practice test in English, Spanish and Creole. The test contains 20 questions and is available on its Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website. Other learners permit practice test materials are available from a variety of online providers at various pricing ranges.
The DMV.com practice test and study guide offers users value that many of these other tests do not in that they:
- Contain a broader array of questions.
- Can be reused an unlimited number of times.
- Work well on a variety of devices.
- Are designed to work equally well in combination or separately.
How to Schedule a Drivers License Test in Florida
How to schedule a DMV driving test appointment depends entirely upon where and how applicants wish to test. Each private third-party administrator or high school drivers education program will have its own application and testing procedures by which students must abide. Applicants should contact the third-party providers of their choice for details.
Motorists who prefer to test at a DMV service center may call or stop in person to set up an appointment.
What to Bring to a Driving Test in Florida
Motorists prepared to take their Florida drivers license tests must take a series of forms and other materials with them to their testing appointments.
- Motorists between 15 and 18 years of age must submit a signed and notarized Parental Consent form with their applications to sit for their permit tests.
- Minors or adult drivers who have never previously held a license must submit documentation showing satisfactory completion of an approved Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education course.
- All motorists must turn in proof of identity, residency, age and Social Security Number.
- All motorists must be prepared to pay the $40 application fee at the time of testing.
- Motorists retaking their tests must be prepared to pay the $10 retesting fee.
Motorists taking their DMV driving tests must:
- Be no younger than 16 years of age.
- Have held their learners permits for no less than 12 months, unless they are 18 years of age or older.
- Be accompanied by a licensed driver 21 years of age or older.
- Bring documentation of their driving practice hours showing at least 50 total hours, of which no less than 10 must have occurred at night.
- Provide a qualifying vehicle in which to test.
- Motorists retaking their tests must be prepared to pay the $20 retesting fee.
Florida DMV Driving Test Fees
Florida DMV driving test fees may vary, depending on where and under what circumstances applicants test. DMV service center fees include:
- Original Class E (includes Learner’s license) – $48
- Knowledge retest – $10
- Skills retest – $20
- Use effective study tools to ace the driver’s license test
- Quickly learn important traffic laws and road signs
- Be prepared with Florida-specific Practice Test questions
- Pass the first time or your money back!
Premium Study Tools
The DMV.com Florida Study Guide and Practice Test are the No. 1 study resources for beginner drivers. The Study Guide simplifies complicated sections of the Florida Driver’s Handbook, while the Practice Test gives you plenty of chances to prepare for the official written driver’s exam. Not to mention that by incorporating these tools, you will learn the traffic rules in and out – and in half the time.