DMV Appointments in Florida
In Florida, you can schedule a DMV driving test appointment, among many other services, through the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV). Through the DHSMV Online Appointment Service and Information System (OASIS), which you can find through the DHSMV’s official website, you can not only make appointments but also cancel or reschedule them. Therefore, you will not waste time in long lines at your local DHSMV office to perform specific driving-related services.
Once you use the DMV appointment system to schedule the driving service, you will need to make sure that you show up at your assigned appointment with the necessary supporting documents. Failing to do so can prevent you from conducting the specific DHSMV services that you need or may result in you having to reschedule the appointment for another date and time. Therefore, to prevent delays, it is best to show up to your appointment completely prepared.
Driving Test Appointments in Florida
In Florida, you can make a DMV online appointment or schedule an appointment by phone for many services at your local DHSMV office. The tests that you can take and schedule include the following:
- Class E driver’s licenses, both the written exam and roads test
- Commercial driver’s licenses, written CDL test, written endorsement test and pretrip and skills test
- Motorcycle endorsements, written exam
You can also make an appointment for DMV test waivers or presenting documents to obtain a license after a learner’s permit test is passed. Now that you know which driving tests you can make an appointment for through the OASIS system let’s take a look at the other services you can perform.
Other Services Covered by the OASIS Appointment System
The Florida OASIS appointment system is not just for scheduling license tests, but for a number of different services. In Florida, you can also make appointments regarding your driver’s license, such as
- Issuance of first U.S. driver’s license
- Driver’s license renewals, replacements and reinstatement of suspended or revoked licenses
- Applying for an ID card
- An address or name change
- Converting out-of-state driver’s license to one issued by Florida
Once you determine which service you need to perform, you are ready to make an appointment.
How to Make a DMV Appointment in Florida
For your convenience, you can make a Florida drivers license appointment online through the DHSMV’s official website. When scheduling an online appointment, you will need to indicate whether you need a sign language interpreter. You will also need to select the county in Florida in which you reside, along with your citizenship status.
If you do not want to schedule an appointment online, then you can do so by calling your local DHSMV branch office to schedule an appointment by phone.
What to Bring to Your Florida Driving Test Appointment
Now that you have made your Florida DMV online appointment through the OASIS system, there is one final step to perform before you show up to your local DHSMV office for your driving test. Before you leave your home, you will need to gather the necessary documents that apply to you. Failing to do so can result in a delay in conducting the needed service.
When you show up to your schedule DMV appointment, documents that you will need to provide include the following:
- Your proof of identification, such as an original or certified copy of your U.S. birth certificate or passport
- Proof of your Social Security Number, such as your original Social Security card or W-2 with your Social Security Number on display
- Two forms of your proof of residential address, like a home utility bill, phone bill or cable bill
- Proof of name change, if your name has been changed due to marriage, divorce or court order
- The Parent or Guardian Online Test Proctoring Form, signed in the company of a state driver’s license examiner or notarized if the parent or guardian is not present.
- Parental Consent Form – Minor Driver Application Form; if you are younger than 18 years of age and are not married, then one parent or legal guardian must sign your driver’s license application.
NOTE: Once the above documents that relate to you are submitted, you will need to complete a Traffic Law and Substance Abuse Education Course.
How to Reschedule or Cancel a DHSMV Appointment in Florida
Through the OASIS system, you can check a DMV appointment that you have already scheduled. If needed, then you can also cancel or reschedule the appointment. If you just need the DMV view appointment option, then you can do so through the OASIS system. Once you confirm your appointment and gather the supporting documents, you are ready for your appointment.
If you know that you will not be able to make your scheduled appointment and you now need to cancel or reschedule it, then you can do so online through the OASIS system. To do so online, you will need your DMV appointment number. If your appointment number is in the format “XXX-99-99999,” then you will not be able to cancel or reschedule your DMV appointment online in Florida. To do so, you will need to email the DHSMV with your name and appointment information to cancel your appointment at the DMV.