Get Your North Carolina Practice Test
PREMIUM PRACTICE TESTS
- Pass your DMV driver’s license test the first time
- Cut study time in half with our Cheat Sheet
- Get tested with relevant Practice Test questions
- Includes Road Sign test
Get prepared for the 2018 North Carolina Written Drivers Exam with our comprehensive and update-to-date practice tests and study guides. Our exam prep tools are designed to give you a complete understanding of all the topics covered on the real DMV exam, including traffic laws, road signs, hazardous driving precautions and much more. Start studying today!
Take Your Premium Test Nowor take a FREE sample practice test
New drivers fail the written driving test on their first try.
You are 5 times more likely to pass the DMV test after taking our premium practice test.
Test how well you know the traffic laws.
Questions on the driving practice exam are taken straight from the official North Carolina driver’s manual.
All-inclusive NC DMV practice drivers test.
Get to know the traffic laws of North Carolina and become an expert.
Unlimited access to the North Carolina Drivers Practice Tests.
Take the DMV.com practice driving test in PDF format as many times as necessary to get a passing score.
Guaranteed to pass.
DMV.com promises a passing score on your official North Carolina written drivers test, or your money back.
Practice Tests for New North Carolina Drivers
Becoming a new driver in North Carolina is an exciting time! However, in order to obtain a new license to drive in NC, you must first pass your written drivers exam. The researchers at DMV.com created the Premium Study Packet and the Deluxe Premium Study Packet to help you pass the written drivers test the first time. We've developed driving test study materials in both electronic and print formats, for your convenience.
Did You Know? The North Carolina DMV reports that 65% to 75% of drivers nationally pass the drivers license test on the first attempt.
Follow the DMV.com study tactics, and you can be part of the passing percentage too.
How to Pass The North Carolina Written Driver's Test
With ample preparation time prior to your written driver test in NC, employ the DMV.com study bundle, which compiles all the important traffic law information into a comprehensive and concise format. To get the most out of your studying, follow the DMV.com tips outlined below:
- Review the official North Carolina Driver’s Manual, paying close attention to the sections concerning road rules and traffic signs.
- Use DMV.com’s North Carolina Premium Study Packet or the Deluxe Premium Study Packet to reinforce the drivers test information. DMV.com study guides host all the necessary information you will for Test Day.
- Once you feel confident, take the DMV.com NC Practice Drivers Test to see how well you know the road rules.
Preview the DMV.com practice test when you take the DMV.com FREE sample test. With these sample test questions, you can gauge how well you know the North Carolina road rules. The free sample practice test is available online, and provides our users with instant results.
Road Rules to Study
After you have reviewed the North Carolina driver handbook thoroughly, look to the DMV.com study packet materials to outline the main topics that will appear on your DMV written exam. We go into detail with only the most important driving subjects, which include:
- Pavement markings
- Four-way stop sign navigation
- Rules for driving in inclement weather
- Road signs
- Turning rules
How to Ensure Your Passing Score
Passing the North Carolina written drivers test is mainly about preparation, which is why we have created fail-proof study materials to aid you on your quest. To properly study for the exam, it's important to become familiar with the information supplied in the North Carolina driver’s manual. Make sure to carefully examine the traffic laws, road rules and street signs sections. Follow up your studies by reviewing DMV.com's Premium Study Packet or the Deluxe Premium Study Packet. Outlining North Carolina’s traffic law information in an easy-to-read format, the DMV.com study guide covers every point that will appear on your official written drivers exam, come Test Day at the NC DMV. Once you have reviewed all of the subjects, try your hand at our drivers practice test until you feel confident with the testing material.
Knowing When to Take the North Carolina Driving Test
Unlimited access to the DMV.com practice driving test rounds out the study process for an accurate assessment of your knowledge. Once you score a 90% or higher on the practice test, you are ready to book your appointment for the official DMV written exam. Scoring less than a 90% only means you need to dedicate a bit more time and focus to your drivers studies. Simply review the points that you missed, then retake the practice test until you get the required score.
Test Day Tips
When you have solidified your knowledge base for the NC DMV written exam, there are still a few steps left prior to Exam Day. Below, find helpful hints and tips to keep in mind:
- To apply for a learner’s permit in North Carolina – which requires you to take the written drivers test – you must be at least 15 years old.
- North Carolina driver’s licenses cost $4 per year, including the fee for the written drivers test.
- To pass the North Carolina written drivers test, you must get at least 20 out of the 25 test questions correct (80%).
- The North Carolina written drivers test includes three sections: traffic signs, regulatory signs and the driving knowledge portions.
- Drivers who have mental or physical disabilities may have to go through additional screening prior to getting a driver’s license.
- The NC DMV also offers drivers the option of registering to vote, registering as an organ donor and/or registering for Selective Service at the same time as the driver’s license application.
With DMV.com’s Premium Study Packet or the Deluxe Premium Study Packet and some careful preparation, you will ace your written drivers test the first time around, or your money back guaranteed!
When you go in to a local NC DMV office for your North Carolina written drivers test, you will need to bring a few identification documents with you. Required documents include:
- One proof of age and identity:
- Driver license or ID card
- Birth certificate
- Social Security Card
- Tax forms
- DMV driver’s record
- School documents
- Driver’s ed certificates
- Military ID
- Marriage certificate
- Court/government documents
- One proof of Social Security:
- Social Security Card
- 1099 tax form
- W-2 employment form
- DD-214 form
- Pay stub
- Military record
- One proof of residency:
- State-issued document with name and address
- Vehicle registration
- Voter card
- Military documents
- Utility bill
- Housing contract
- Financial institution documents
- School records
- Insurance policy documents
- One proof of liability insurance
Aside from English, the North Carolina written drivers test is available in the following languages:
Documents Needed for Noncitizens
The North Carolina DMV requires drivers to prove legal residency before they take their written drivers tests. To prove your legal residency when you are not a US citizen, bring one of the following documents with you on Test Day:
- I-551 Permanent Resident Card
- Immigrant visa/documentation
- I-766 Employment Authorization Card
- Foreign passport with proper stamps
- Refugee documentation
After the Written Test
After passing the written drivers test, you will receive either your learner’s permit or driver’s license, depending on your age and the license for which you applied.
You will also be required to take a vision test which will check that you have suitable visual acuity with or without corrective lenses, as determined by the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles.
If you are a NC driver who has been granted a learner’s permit, you will be restricted to operating motor vehicles with a licensed driver sitting in the front passenger seat along side you.
- Use effective study tools to ace the driver’s license test
- Quickly learn important traffic laws and road signs
- Be prepared with North Carolina-specific Practice Test questions
- Pass the first time or your money back!
Premium Study Tools
The DMV.com North Carolina Study Guide and Practice Test are the No. 1 study resources for beginner drivers. The Study Guide simplifies complicated sections of the North Carolina Driver’s Handbook, while the Practice Test gives you plenty of chances to prepare for the official written driver’s exam. Not to mention that by incorporating these tools, you will learn the traffic rules in and out – and in half the time.
Pass Your DMV Permit Test the First Time
Save time studying for the DMV written exam with real questions based off of the official North Carolina driver’s handbookGET STARTED NOW
Subscribe For Updates
Stay current with the latest news on the DMV and automotive industry.