Get Your Maine Practice Test
Get prepared for the 2018 Maine Written Drivers Exam with our comprehensive and update-to-date practice tests and study guides. Our exam prep tools are designed to give you a complete understanding of all the topics covered on the real DMV exam, including traffic laws, road signs, hazardous driving precautions and much more. Start studying today!
Premium Practice Tests
- Pass your DMV driver’s license test the first time
- Cut study time in half with our Cheat Sheet
- Get tested with relevant Practice Test questions
- Includes Road Sign test
New drivers fail the written driving test on their first try.
You are 5 times more likely to pass the DMV test after taking our premium practice test.
A Maine DMV practice test is a helpful way to prepare for the mandatory written and driving skills exams you must take to earn your license in the state. These tests include questions that relate to state-specific road laws and safe driving techniques you are expected to learn and understand before you are issued a permit or license. If you are like most potential test-takers, you may be nervous about the questions you will face when taking the knowledge exam. However, with the help of an ME DMV study guide that reviews the material covered on the exam, you will be well prepared to successfully take on the test.
Reviewing some of the driving test questions that you may see on the written exam before you visit the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) can increase your chances of passing on your first attempt. While studying the Maine Motorist Handbook and Study Guide is helpful in your preparation for the exam, you should also consult additional resources to ensure you have adequately studied for the materials that will be covered on the exam. To find out more about how the DMV.com practice driving test and study guide can assist you as you prepare for these driver’s license exams, read through the following information.
What are the benefits of taking a Maine DMV practice test?
A Maine permit practice test reviews questions that are related to the material covered in the actual written exam. As a potential test-taker, it is important that you review study guides, the driving manual and other materials to understand road laws and what is expected of you on the road. These practice tests can help you to identify the areas that you need to review again and the material that you have mastered.
The DMV.com practice test is helpful because it offers a format similar to the test administered by the Maine BMV. You are five times more likely to pass the DMV test after taking the DMV.com premium practice test.
Completing an ME DMV permit practice test is also important because it can save you money on exam fees. Seven of out of 10 test-takers fail the knowledge exam on the first try, so it is important to go into the test feeling prepared and confident. If you fail the exam on your first attempt, you are required to pay the exam fee again and make another appointment to take the test.
What is included in DMV.com’s Maine drivers license practice test?
The DMV.com Maine drivers license practice test includes 50 true or false and multiple-choice questions. These questions can help increase your confidence in your ability to pass the BMV knowledge exam. The questions on the practice test cover important material, such as:
- Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) levels.
- School zone speed limits.
- Mandatory auto insurance limits.
- The proper use of hand and turn signals.
- Identifying road signs.
- Parallel parking techniques.
- Operating Under the Influence (OUI) penalties.
The answer key to the practice test is conveniently located at the bottom of the document, on a separate page. This makes it easy for you to complete the learners permit practice test while recording your answers. You can then reference your answers to find out which questions you got wrong and which sections of the study guide you need to review again.
Maine Drivers License Test Rules and Requirements
The Maine DMV test questions that you will encounter on the written test will cover a variety of topics, including your knowledge of state traffic laws and driving regulations. The test is a total of 30 multiple choice and true or false questions and you must answer at least 24 correctly in order to pass.
If you need to take the test in a different language, contact the BMV directly so a representative can accommodate you. The test is available in English and Spanish but can be provided in other languages, as necessary. If you need an oral examination, the BMV can also accommodate you, as long as you provide advance notice.
After you have reviewed the ME drivers test study guide and you feel you are ready to take the road test, you must send in your road test request form. Once a road test is scheduled with the BMV, keep in mind you must provide your own vehicle for use on the test. During the test, you are required to operate your automobile in the presence of a BMV examiner.
If you get too many driver license test questions wrong or you fail the road test, a BMV representative will notify you. You will be provided with information on the material you got wrong so you can study or practice and schedule the test again at a later date. You are also provided with a receipt you must turn in to reschedule your next exam.
How to Pass a Driving Test in Maine
You can use the DMV.com Maine permit test study guide to review the materials you will encounter on the knowledge exam with the BMV. This guide includes state-specific information you will be expected to be familiar with when taking the exam, such as:
- The meanings of various road signs.
- The dangers of distracted driving.
- The OUI laws in the state and illegal BAC levels.
- Pedestrian safety.
- Rules when sharing the road with cyclists.
Before scheduling your road test, ensure you feel confident behind the wheel of a vehicle and you know the state-specific road laws. When you attend the road test, the BMV examiner will judge you on your ability to safely control the vehicle while:
- Backing up.
- Driving straight and staying in a lane.
- Parallel parking.
- Obeying traffic signals.
- Interacting with pedestrians or cyclists.
What is included in DMV.com’s Maine drivers test study guide?
In the Maine learners permit study guide offered by DMV.com, you will find an easy-to-use tool that can help you prepare for the written test. This guide utilizes the concepts covered in the Maine Motorist Handbook and Study Guide but condenses and digests them with an easy-to-read format, making studying for the test less complicated and easier to accomplish.
This ME road signs test study guide includes important concepts that are divided into simple sections for your convenience. The topics covered within the study guide include:
- Traffic lights and signs.
- Rules of the road.
- Safe driving guidelines.
- Pavement markings.
- Turn signals.
- Driving in inclement weather.
- Lane control.
- Visual search strategies.
- Driving tips.
How to Use DMV.com’s Maine Drivers Permit Practice Test and Study Guide
There are several ways the DMV.com Maine drivers ed practice test and study guide can help you to prepare for the mandatory driver’s license tests. The study guide is a supplemental resource that you can use after reviewing the BMV’s driver’s manual. This guide provides a quick and simple overview of the important information that may be covered on the written exam, in an easier format to comprehend. You can read through the manual, then use this study guide to reinforce your knowledge of the materials.
The ME DMV sample test from DMV.com offers a variety of questions that cover the topics you will see on the BMV knowledge exam. This can help you to feel better prepared and confident in your ability to pass the test. You can use this practice test to ensure you know all the topics covered and to identify the areas you need to study more.
Free DMV Practice Tests in Maine
You can find a free Maine DMV practice test on several websites online. However, some of these free tests do not include a variety of questions and are not state-specific. When studying the BMV driving manual, it is recommended that you complete the practice tests that are provided after each section throughout the handbook. These can help you to ensure you are gleaning the necessary knowledge after reading the material.
Since the handbook material can be dense and complicated, the DMV.com Maine practice written driving test is a helpful way to assess your absorption of the material. It is also paired with a study guide that can allow you to better understand the topics covered on the exam. The DMV.com practice test is an asset to the effectiveness of your studying because:
- You can take it multiple times. You can record your answers, then check the answer key when completed. Re-study the material you missed and try again as many times as you need.
- It is available in multiple formats. You can take this DMV leaners permit practice test on your computer or on a mobile device. You can also choose to print it out and take it manually.
- It mimics the BMV knowledge exam. This practice test format is similar to what will be provided by the BMV on test day. While it is a longer test, it still includes true or false and multiple-choice questions on the material you need to know for the exam. This can help you to feel more comfortable when you arrive to complete the knowledge exam.
How to Schedule a Drivers License Test in Maine
All Maine driver testing locations and BMV branch offices are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. These offices are closed on all federal holidays. Keep in mind, you must call one of the offices nearest to you to make an appointment to take your knowledge exam. When you attend your appointment, you are also required to complete the vision test before you can obtain your permit.
When you are ready to make your DMV driving test appointment in ME, you must first mail in your road test request card to the main BMV office in Augusta. You must also mail in your driving logbook if you are younger than 21 years of age. Once received, the BMV will schedule an appointment for you to take the road test at the office closest to you.
What to Bring to a Driving Test in Maine
If you feel you can answer the Maine permit test questions correctly and you have scheduled your appointment, you must gather certain documents and payment to bring with you. When you attend your test appointment, you must bring:
- Two forms of identification. This may include your birth certificate, passport or Social Security card. If you are under 23 years of age, you must provide a copy of your birth certificate. The copy must include an embossed seal or stamp and cannot simply be a notarized copy.
- Your Social Security Number. If you did not provide your Social Security card as a form of identification, you must provide your Social Security Number. This number will not be placed on your permit or license but it must be used to prove identity, birth date and citizenship.
- Payment for your driver’s license application and exam. You may provide a check or money order. Consult with your specific BMV office location for alternative forms of payment, such as a credit card.
Maine DMV Driving Test Fees
You are required to pay fees to complete the driving test and obtain your license. These fees are as follows:
- Knowledge exam: $35
- Obtaining new driver’s license (younger than 64 years of age): $30
- Obtaining new driver’s license (older than 64 years of age): $21
- Use effective study tools to ace the driver’s license test
- Quickly learn important traffic laws and road signs
- Be prepared with Maine-specific Practice Test questions
- Pass the first time or your money back!
Premium Study Tools
The DMV.com Maine Study Guide and Practice Test are the No. 1 study resources for beginner drivers. The Study Guide simplifies complicated sections of the Maine Driver’s Handbook, while the Practice Test gives you plenty of chances to prepare for the official written driver’s exam. Not to mention that by incorporating these tools, you will learn the traffic rules in and out – and in half the time.