Maine Free Practice Test
Maine DMV.com Sample Practice Test Sections
DMV.com’s FREE Practice Test contains questions similar to those on the actual written drivers test. Our practice test questions are directly derived from the information provided in the official Maine Driver’s Manual. Learn everything you need to know about road rules, traffic signs and signals, parking, and safety regulations by reviewing our comprehensive Study Guides. Then, test yourself using our FREE sample practice test. This optimal study tool is designed to help you pass the written knowledge exam on your first try!
Become Familiar with Traffic Laws
To prevent accidents from happening, you must become familiar with all the traffic laws in place and abide by them. Learning the traffic laws will not only serve you to become a responsible driver but it is also necessary in order for you to successfully pass the written knowledge test. Take the DMV.com Sample Practice Exam in order to check your knowledge on traffic laws and become a licensed driver by passing the official written exam, hassle-free!
Recognize Traffic Signs
Traffic signs are usually placed on the side of the road. Despite their different shapes and colors, you must understand them in order to become a safe traffic participant. The written drivers exam has questions on traffic signs, including:
- Traffic sign colors and shapes
- Traffic sign identification and meanings
- Placards and warning signs
- Turns at intersections
Use the DMV.com Study Guide and Free Sample Practice Test to learn how to use traffic signs.
Obey Traffic Signals
Understanding and obeying traffic signals is just as important as knowing all traffic signs you will face on roadways. In order to pass a written drivers test, you must correctly answer all traffic signal questions. Therefore, DMV.com advises you to take the Free Practice Tests and to check your knowledge on traffic signals before taking the official Maine DMV written exam.
Familiarize Yourself with Pavement Markings
Pavement markings are also part of the daily traffic life. Drivers must understand and obey these markings in order to drive safely on the Maine roads. Take the DMV.com sample practice test for checking how much you understand the pavement markings on the public roads of Maine, such as:
- Solid white lines
- Broken lines
- Edge markings
- Stop lines
Drive Carefully in Inclement Weather
Inclement weather may often be a reason for accidents or injuries on the roads. Bad weather conditions can be hazardous for drivers. The Maine written drivers exam also includes questions on operating motor vehicles in rain, snow or fog. The following topics are covered on the DMV.com free sample test in order to fully prepare you for the drivers exam:
- Driving in foggy weather with limited visibility
- Driving on wet roads, due to rain or snow
- Drifting, skidding, and hydroplaning
- Wet brakes or brake failure
- Jammed gas pedals
- Engine breakdown
- Blown tires
DMV Driving Exam Study Checklist
DMV.com recommends you follow this five-step written drivers exam study checklist to get the most out of your preparations:
- Review the official Maine Driver’s Manual: The Maine written drivers exam contains sections on traffic laws, signs and signals, parking, and driving safety. You need to learn them thoroughly, since questions on the exam are taken directly from it.
- Take the DMV.com Driver’s License Sample Test – The sample test is similar to the actual drivers knowledge test and will help prepare you.
- Read the DMV.com Study Guide: Purchase our in depth DMV.com Study Guide, which is a shorter and simplified version of the Maine driver’s manual. Our Study Guide contains only the most important information you need for the written drivers exam.
- Premium Practice Tests: Use the DMV.com Premium Practice Test to check your knowledge. Take the exam as many times you need until you reach a high overall score.
- Take the written knowledge test: A score of 90 percent or higher on a practice test means that you are ready to take the written drivers test at the closest Maine BMV office and pass it on the first try.
Getting Your Driver’s License
When applying for a learner’s permit or a driver’s license, it is mandatory to pass a written drivers exam. To get your Maine driver’s license, follow this step-by-step process:
- Read the Maine Driver’s Manual.
- Take the DMV.com Free Practice Test.
- Use the DMV.com Study Guide to improve your knowledge on all subjects.
- Take the practice driving exam as many times as you need, until you reach a score of 90 percent or higher.
- Gather the required documents for a driver’s license.
- Take the official DMV written drivers exam.
- Pass a vision test.
- Pass a road skills exam.
- Submit the needed documentation and payment of the appropriate fees.