New drivers fail the written driving test on their first try.
You are 5 times more likely to pass the DMV test after taking our premium practice test.
Questions similar to the real Georgia driving test.
Be confident and pass the Georgia drivers exam on your first try..
An inclusive study tool for learning all the road and traffic rules.
Study the Georgia Driver’s Manual and speed up your progress by practicing with the Drivers Practice Test.
Take the test as many times as you want. Answer Keys are included on the PDF.
A full money refund.
DMV.com assures you will not only pass the written exam, but that you will do it with a great score. We offer a money-back guarantee if you do not pass the written knowledge exam with the DMV.com practice test.
Practice Tests for New Georgia Drivers
DMV.com’s Drivers Practice Test is designed to lead you through the Georgia drivers exam study process, so you will be at ease during testing day, and achieve a passing score. Our proven drivers practice test package will cut your study time in half, and get you a top score on the written drivers test at the Georgia DMV.
The place to start preparing for the Georgia drivers exam is with the Georgia Driver’s Manual. Once you read through the traffic rules and road regulations, ingrain the new information with the DMV.com Study Guide. Then, be certain you know the material by testing yourself with the Drivers Practice Test.
Did You Know? In Georgia, only 45% of new drivers get passing scores their first time taking the DMV knowledge exam.
Get the optimal drivers education by arming yourself with guaranteed tools, including the the Premium Practice Test and Study Guide, courtesy of DMV.com.
How to Pass the Georgia Written Driver’s Test
Taking the written drivers test at the Georgia DMV can be stressful for many. Luckily, we’ve developed a test tool package that can teach you how to pass the GA driving test with flying colors. The below tips will guarantee you walk out of the Georgia DMV on Test Day with new license in-hand:
- Take ample time to review your Georgia Driver’s Manual. This official state driving booklet will provide the foundation for your DMV written exam studying ritual.
- Once you are familiar with all of Georgia’s road rules and traffic laws, review the DMV.com Premium Study Guide, which will help you pinpoint the most important topics for Test Day.
- As you begin to feel confident with all of the driving rules and regulations you have learned, utilize the Premium Drivers Practice Test, which will prepare you to answer any questions on Georgia traffic laws, com Exam Day.
Begin your study process with our FREE Sample Practice Test. The free online drivers practice test includes real questions from the Georgia official driver’s exam. Review the types of questions you will be asked at the DMV by taking our sample practice test today.
Road Rules to Study
The Premium Study Guide and Practice Test are developed to help you pass your Georgia driver test the first time around. With these comprehensive study tools, you will be prepared for questions on all of the following sections:
- Safety guidelines
- Signals, signs and markings
- Intersections and turns
- Sharing the road
- Inclement weather driving
How to Ensure Your Passing Score
To pass the DMV writing test the first time, learn the road signs and the road rules with the DMV.com study tools. Start studying by reading the Georgia Driver’s Manual, and learn the shapes of the traffic signs, road markings and signals about driving in bad weather. Build upon the content of the manual by reaffirming crucial test topics with the Study Guide, and testing yourself with the Premium Practice Test. By following the DMV.com study regimen, you will be on your way to receiving a 90% or higher on your GA written drivers test.
This all-inclusive study package guarantees a productive study process. There is no need to spend hours memorizing extra material, since the concise format of the study tool presents only the most necessary information. Key sections are made easy in a short and simple way. Not to mention, DMV.com gives you unlimited access to the practice driving test, so you can drill until you are at your most confident state.
Knowing When to Take the Georgia Driving Test
Receiving a score of 90% or higher on the DMV.com Practice Test is a surefire way to predict your passing score on the knowledge exam. If you score less than 90%, take some extra time to set aside for your DMV studies. Spot your weak areas, and review the material again, until it is well-ingrained. In addition, you can take full advantage of the unlimited attempts you have to take the Drivers Practice Test, until you feel your strongest in all test topics.
Test Day Tips
Once you feel you know the DMV testing material inside-and-out, the time will come to schedule you Test Day. In addition to your teachings, important tips to keep in mind include the following:
- To take the official Georgia written driving test at the DMV, you must be at least 15 years old.
- Georgia written drivers test is made up of 40 questions. You must get at least 30 questions correct (75%) in order to achieve a passing score.
- The DMV test is divided into two sections: Road Signs and Road Rules.
- Make sure to learn the traffic signs section of the Georgia Driver’s Manual in English. The section about road signs in the official DMV written knowledge exam is produced only in English.
- The cost to get a driver’s license for the first time in Georgia is $20. This includes the $10 fee for the written drivers test, which must be paid for in advance.
- If you fail the DMV knowledge exam, you must pay the $10 testing fee for each attempt made in the future.
- You may apply to get your driving permit as soon as you pass the driving exam.
- The DMV road skills test must be taken in vehicles which are properly insured. Take care that you have the minimum liability car insurance or you may not be able to take the road skills test.
We are so confident in our testing tools, that we guarantee you will pass your DMV test on the first attempt. If not, we invite you to request a refund from DMV.com. Become a strong test-taker by getting your copy of the study packet now.
Once you pass the written drivers license test, you can submit a new driver application at a Georgia DDS Customer Service Center. To apply, have the following items ready:
- Social Security Number
- Proof of name, age, and identity
- Proof of satisfaction of school attendance
- Proof of conduct requirements
- Proof of identity
- Proof of Georgia residency
- Proof of U.S. citizenship
- Parental consent, if you are under 18
In addition to English, the Georgia written drivers test is available in the following languages:
Documents Needed for Noncitizens
According to Georgia law, a driver’s license or a learner’s permit for a non-U.S. resident is issued for the period of the authorized stay in the country, and no longer than five years. As of January 1, 2008, all immigration documents must be verified with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services through the Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlement (SAVE) program. Accepted documents for non US citizens include the following:
- Original copy of the Proof of Lawful Presence in the United States
- Unexpired non-U.S. passport with appropriate immigration documents
- Valid passport containing visa and valid I-94, I-551 stamp, or I-94 and applicable supporting documents
- Resident Alien Card (Form I-551 or Form I-668)
- Employment Authorization Card (Form I-766 or Form I-668A)
- Refugee Travel Document (Form I-571)
- LPR Reentry Permit (Form I-327)
After the Written Test
Once you pass the Georgia DMV written knowledge exam, you are ready to apply for your first instruction permit. The next step is to prepare for the road skills test. New drivers are required to have at least 30 hours of in-classroom drivers ed, in addition to and at least six hours of on-the-road experience before applying for a provisional license.
To be issued a GA Class D provisional license, you must be at least 16, and pass the required drivers ed and a drug and alcohol awareness program.
When scheduling your DMV road skills test appointment, present a vision test certificate with a visual acuity of 20/40.
- Use effective study tools to ace the driver’s license test
- Quickly learn important traffic laws and road signs
- Be prepared with Georgia-specific Practice Test questions
- Pass the first time or your money back!
Premium Study Tools
The DMV.com Georgia Study Guide and Practice Test are the No. 1 study resources for beginner drivers. The Study Guide simplifies complicated sections of the Georgia Driver’s Handbook, while the Practice Test gives you plenty of chances to prepare for the official written driver’s exam. Not to mention that by incorporating these tools, you will learn the traffic rules in and out – and in half the time.