Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save DMV.com Exclusive!
A New Jersey Driver's License can be renewed only in person at any MVC agency in the State.
WHEN TO RENEW YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE
- Your New Jersey driver's license expires every four years.
- It is advisable to renew your driver's license before the expiration date. You can renew your license any time in the six months leading up to its expiration.
- Your driving privileges expire on the midnight of your birthday if you do not renew.
TO RENEW IN PERSON
You must bring:
- Your expiring license.
- If your name has changed, documentation of the name change is required.
- Renewal fee of $24, payable by cash, money order, check or credit card (Visa, Mastercard or American Express).
- Documents sufficiently completing New Jersey's 6-point ID verification.
You will be issued your license after you pay the fee and get an updated digital photo taken at the agency.