Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save DMV.com Exclusive!
A Nevada Driver's License can be renewed either in person at any DMV office in the State, by mail or the internet. You will receive a postcard 30 days before your license is set to expire, informing you whether you have qualified for a renewal by mail or internet.
WHEN TO RENEW YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE
- Your Nevada driver's license will expire on your birthday every four years.
- Your driving privileges expire on the midnight of your birthday if you do not renew. You can renew your license any time prior to its expiration.
TO RENEW IN PERSON
- Your expiring license and the renewal application.
- If your name has changed, documentation of the name change is required.
- Renewal fee of $21.25, payable by cash, check or credit card. If you are age 65 or older, the fee is reduced to $16.25.
Depending on your driving record, especially if you received a notice in the mail not qualifying you for renewal over the internet or mail, you may be required to take additional tests. The only acceptable exceptions are military personnel, their spouses and dependants.
TO RENEW BY MAIL/FAX
Renewal by mail is available only if you receive a postcard in the mail qualifying you for it.
When you renew by mail, you should prepare and/or complete:
- The mail renewal form.
- Credit Card Authorization Slip (RD-205) if you wish to pay by a credit card.
- Renewal fee of $19 or $14 if you are aged 65 or older.
- Name change documentation, if required.
Follow the instructions on the postcard to send in all the documents. The renewed driver's license will arrive by mail within four to six weeks.
TO RENEW ONLINE
If you received a renewal notice with an access code on it, you may choose to renew your driver's license on the DMV website.
You will require:
- The renewal notice with an access code.
- Renewal fee of $14 or $19 if you are aged 65 or older, which can be paid via checking account number and routing number if you wish to use the e-check option, or any acceptable credit card (Debit, Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express).