How to Replace a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) in New Jersey
If your New Jersey commercial driver’s license (CDL) is lost, stolen, or destroyed, you can apply for a replacement license. While not required by New Jersey law, it is a good idea to notify your local police department if you believe your CDL has been stolen.
APPLYING FOR A DUPLICATE CDL
- You will need to visit your local MVC agency in person in order to apply for a replacement CDL.
- You must present valid forms of identification, including at least one primary document and one secondary document to complete New Jersey’s six-point ID verification.
- Submit the replacement fee of $11.
- If your current CDL is damaged, you must surrender it at the MVC agency when you apply for a replacement.
- You cannot apply for a replacement commercial driver’s license online or through the mail.
- If your name or address has changed, you may need to apply for a replacement CDL in order to correct the information.
- See also Renewing a Commercial Driver’s License and Applying for a Commercial Driver’s License.
- See also Replacing a (Non-Commercial) Driver’s License.