is a privately owned website. Privacy

How to Replace a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) in Maryland

Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save Exclusive!

If your Maryland commercial driver's license (CDL) is lost, stolen, or destroyed, you can apply for a replacement license. Notify your local police department if you believe your CDL has been stolen to get an official police report. You need to then get in touch with the MVA's Customer Ombudsman's office by calling (410) 787-7856 or by sending an email to


  1. You will need to visit your local MVA Office in person in order to apply for a replacement CDL.
  2. You must present proof of age to prove your age, name and Maryland address proof. You also need to bring your medical certificate or a medical waiver from the Department Of Transportation and furnish your social security number.
  3. You must provide the police report number in order to apply for a replacement of a stolen CDL.
  4. Submit the replacement fee of $20.
  5. If your current CDL is damaged, you must surrender it at the MVA office when you apply for a replacement.


Have a Question? Get Instant Online Answers!

Powered By