How to Replace a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) in South Carolina
If your South Carolina commercial driver’s license (CDL) is lost, stolen, or destroyed, you can apply for a replacement license. South Carolina law requires that you notify your local police department if you believe your CDL has been stolen.
APPLYING FOR A DUPLICATE CDL
- You will need to visit your local DMV Field Full-Service Office in person in order to apply for a replacement CDL.
- You will be required to submit a completed Application for SC Credential and an affidavit for lost, stolen or surrendered licenses.
- You must present two valid forms of proper identification along with South Carolina address proof and social security number.
- If your current CDL is damaged, you must surrender it at the DMV Field Full-Service Office when you apply for a replacement.
- You cannot apply for a replacement commercial driver’s license online or through the mail.
- If your name or address has changed, you may need to apply for a replacement CDL in order to correct the information.
- See also Renewing a Commercial Driver’s License and Applying for a Commercial Driver’s License.
- See also Replacing a (Non-Commercial) Driver’s License.
Last updated on Thursday, December 21 2017.