If your South Carolina commercial driver’s license (CDL) is lost, stolen, or destroyed, you can apply for a replacement license. South Carolina law requires that you notify your local police department if you believe your CDL has been stolen.


  1. You will need to visit your local DMV Field Full-Service Office in person in order to apply for a replacement CDL.
  2. You will be required to submit a completed Application for SC Credential and an affidavit for lost, stolen or surrendered licenses.
  3. You must present two valid forms of proper identification along with South Carolina address proof and social security number.
  4. If your current CDL is damaged, you must surrender it at the DMV Field Full-Service Office when you apply for a replacement.


Last updated on Thursday, December 21 2017.

Have a Question? Get Quick Online Answers!