Wyoming DOT Physical Exam For CDL
It is mandated by federal guidelines that every commercial diver passes the DOT physical exam. The goal of this test is to determine whether an applicant is fit enough to drive safely now and in the foreseable future. Successfully passing the exam usually means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, unless you have some health problem which could become worse in the future, in which case the you’ll have to take the exam sooner.
To pass the physical for the CDL you:
- Vision in both eyes as well as each eye individually needs to be 20/40, with visual improvement devices, such as glasses or contacts permitted.
- Needs to be able to distinguish colors found on traffic signals.
- Needs to be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Blood pressure must be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication to control blood pressure is permitted.
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is allowed.
Visit our DMV Locations page to find a physical test location close to you.