BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR A COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S PERMIT/LICENSE
STEPS TO APPLY FOR A CDL PERMIT/LICENSE
- You must meet the requirements for a Wyoming driver's license.
- Fill out the vision statement making sure to check option #3 âCDL Learner's Permit or License' and hand in in-person to a DOT office. For more information see Instruction Permit section below.
- Pay a $20.00 fee for your permit.
- Pass the CDL knowledge exams. See the CDL Manual for the required information. The exam can be taken at any DOT location.
- Pass application.
- Attend and then provide proof that you have taken a Commercial driver's education program specifically for commercial motor vehicles.
- Take road test at your local DOT office. The fee is $40.
- Pay license and endorsement fee.
In order to be eligible for a Wyoming CDL, you must first obtain a CDL instruction permit. First, you must fill out the vision statement. Then show proof of legal presence and US residency. Next, pay the $20.00 permit fee. Lastly, pass the CDL general knowledge exam and application. Wyoming Instruction Permits expire in 1 year and can be renewed for one more year
A Wyoming Commercial Driver's License will be valid for 4 years. The cost is $25.00 for a standard CDL license. Please see a list of fee for more information.
The following is a list of endorsements you can get on your CDL:
- Hazardous Material (Class H).
- Tank Vehicles (Class N).
- Passenger-Carrying Vehicle (Class P).
- School Bus (Class S).
- Towing a Double or Triple Trailer (Class T).
FEDERAL GUIDELINES FOR INTERSTATE DRIVERS
The following is a list of federal requirements for interstate drivers.