The Following DMV Related Services are Available Online:
It is mandated by federal guidelines that anyone applying for a commercial drivers license must pass the DOT physical exam. The purpose of this exam is to check whether an applicant is fit enough to drive safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Passing the exam successfully means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, unless you have some health issue which might become worse in the future, in which case the you’ll have to take the exam sooner.
<h2>Department of Transportation CDL Physical Requirements</h2>
To pass the physical for the CDL you:.
- Vision in both eyes as well as each eye individually needs to be 20/40, with visual improvement devices, such as glasses or contacts allowed.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Hearing needs to be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Blood pressure has to be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication to control blood pressure is permitted.
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is allowd.
- If you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as collapse, congestive cardiac failure or cardiac insufficiency, then you will have to provide the Medical Examiner with a stress test along with a note from your physician stating that you are capable of driving a commercial motor vehicle without restrictions restrictions.
To find a CDL physical exam location close to you look at the list below.