New York DOT Physical Exam For CDL
It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the DOT physical exam. The goal of this test is to check whether an applicant is physically capable of driving safely now and in the near future. Successfully passing the exam usually means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, although in some instances this period might be shortened in case that serious health problems could arise in the future.
Department of Transportation CDL Physical Requirements
Here are the basic requirements for passing the DOT physical exam.
* With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision.
* Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
* Hearing should be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
* Maximum allowable blood pressure is 160/100. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is allowed.
* An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
* Your blood sugar level must be less than 200.
* No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is permitted.
Look through the list below to find a physical exam location near you.