The Following DMV Related Services are Available Online:
It is mandated by federal guidelines that anyone applying for a commercial drivers license must pass the Department of Transportation physical exam. The purpose of this test is to check whether a potential driver is physically capable of driving safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Successfully passing the exam usually means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, although in some cases this period might be shortened in case that serious health issues might arise in the future.
Department of Transportation Requirements
Here are the basic requirements for passing the DOT physical exam.
* Need to have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye as well as both combined. Vision correction devices such as glasses or contacts are permitted.
* Needs to be capable of distinguishing colors found on traffic signals.
* Should be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
* Blood pressure must be under 160/100. Prescription medication to control blood pressure is allowed.
* Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
* Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
* No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is permitted.
To find a CDL physical exam location near you look at the list below.