The Following DMV Related Services are Available Online:
It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the Department of Transportation physical exam. The purpose of this test is to check whether a potential driver is physically capable of driving safely now and in the near future. Passing the exam successfully means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, unless you have some health issue which could become worse in the in the near term, in which case the you’ll have to take the exam sooner.
To pass the physical for the CDL you:.
- Vision in both eyes as well as each eye individually needs to be 20/40, with visual improvement devices, such as glasses or contacts permitted.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Needs to be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Maximum allowable blood pressure is 160/100. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is allowed.
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is allowd.