The Following DMV Related Services are Available Online:
It is mandated by federal guidelines that anyone applying for a commercial drivers license must pass the DOT physical exam. The purpose of this test is to check whether an applicant is physically capable of driving safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Successfully passing the exam means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, although in some cases this period might be decreased if serious health problems might appear in the future.
The basic requirements for passing a DOT physical exam are:.
- Need to have 20/40 correctable vision in each eye as well as both combined. Vision correction devices such as glasses or contacts are permitted.
- Needs to be able to distinguish colors found on traffic signals.
- Should be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Blood pressure must be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication may be employed to control blood pressure.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
- Your blood sugar level must be less than 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is allowd.
- If you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as collapse, congestive cardiac failure or cardiac insufficiency, then you will need to provide the Medical Examiner with a stress test along with a note from your physician stating that you are able to drive a commercial motor vehicle with no restrictions.
To find a CDL physical exam location close to you look at the list below.
CDL Physical locations in Idaho
7 A Reich St.Marsing Idaho
P.O. Box 252
45 W Center StSoda Springs Idaho
263 2nd Ave NTwin Falls Idaho
1348 E. 17 th St.Idaho Falls Idaho