The Following DMV Related Services are Available Online:
It is mandated by federal guidelines that all commercial drivers pass the DOT health exam. The goal of this test is to check whether a potential driver is physically capable of driving safely now and in the near future. Passing the exam successfully usually means you only have to take the exam in 24 months time, unless you have some health issue which might become worse in the future, in which case the you’ll have to take the exam sooner.
The basic requirements for passing a DOT physical exam are:.
- Vision in both eyes as well as each eye individually needs to be 20/40, with visual improvement devices, such as glasses or contacts allowed.
- Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
- Hearing should be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
- Your blood pressure must be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication to control blood pressure is allowed.
- Cannot have diabetes that requires insulin injections; diabetes controlled through a diet or oral medication is permitted.
- The maximum level of blood sugar an applicant is allowed to have is 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is allowd.
- In case you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as collapse, congestive cardiac failure or cardiac insufficiency, then you will need to present the Medical Examiner with a stress test as well as with a note from your physician which states that you are able to drive a commercial motor vehicle without restrictions restrictions.
CDL Physical locations in Virginia
607 S Church StreetSmithfield Virginia
5300 Kemps River DriveVirginia Beach Virginia
5590 General Washington DrAlexandria Virginia
9900 West Broad StreetGlen Allen Virginia
9211 Burge AveRichmond Virginia
45305 Catalina CourtSterling Virginia
6715 Little River Turnpike, Suite 300Annandale Virginia
602 Brandon Ave. SWRoanoke Virginia