The Following DMV Related Services are Available Online:
It is mandated by federal guidelines that anyone applying for a CDL must pass the Department of Transportation health exam. The purpose of this test is to check whether an applicant is physically capable of driving safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Successfully passing the exam means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, although in some instances this period might be shortened if serious health issues might arise in the future.
Department of Transportation CDL Physical Requirements
Here are the basic requirements for passing the DOT physical exam.
- Vision in both eyes as well as each eye individually needs to be 20/40, with visual improvement devices, such as glasses or contacts allowed.
- Needs to be able to distinguish colors found on traffic signals.
- Should be able to perceive a forced whisper at a distance of at least 5 feet.
- Maximum allowable blood pressure is 160/100. Use of prescription medication to achieve this threshold is permitted.
- An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
- Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
- No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is permitted.
Check the the list below to find a physical exam location close to you.
CDL Physical locations in New Mexico
5700 Harper Dr NEAlbuquerque New Mexico
3811 Commons Ave NEAlbuquerque New Mexico
801 Encino Place NEAlbuquerque New Mexico
2170 E Lohman AveLas Cruces New Mexico
720 Saint Michaels DrSanta Fe New Mexico
1915 Menaul Blvd. NEAlbuquerque New Mexico
3132 N. Grimes St.Hobbs New Mexico
9809 Candelaria Rd NE Suite 2-BAlbuquerque New Mexico
505 918 9355
111 W. Hobbs St.Roswell New Mexico
4504 4th st NWAlbuquerque New Mexico