The Following DMV Related Services are Available Online:
It is mandated by federal guidelines that anyone applying for a CDL must pass the DOT physical exam. The purpose of this test is to check whether an applicant is physically capable of driving safely now and in the near future. Successfully passing the exam usually means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, although in some cases this period might be decreased in case that serious health issues might appear in the future.
Passing the DOT physical will require:.
* With or without vision corrections, each eye, as well as both eyes combined, need to have 20/40 vision.
* Must be able to distinguish colors found on traffic signals.
* Hearing should be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
* Blood pressure must be lower than 160/100. Prescription medication may be employed to control blood pressure.
* An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
* Your blood sugar level must be at most 200.
* No use of a Schedule 1 drug, amphetamine, narcotic or any habit forming drug is allowd.
* If you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as congestive cardiac failure, collapse or cardiac insufficiency, then you will be required to present the Medical Examiner with a stress test along with a note from your physician which states that you are able to drive a commercial motor vehicle with no restrictions.
To find a CDL physical exam location close to you look at the list below.