is a privately owned website.* Privacy

How to Replace a Lost Vehicle Title in Minnesota

Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save Exclusive!

Vehicle Registration Online Services Guide

You may apply for a duplicate vehicle title if your original title is lost, stolen, or damaged. A vehicle with a missing title cannot be bought or sold, so owners must apply for and obtain a replacement before they can sell their vehicle.


  1. Complete the Application for Duplicate Title, making sure to indicate on the form that you are applying for a duplicate title.
  2. If your original title is damaged or mutilated, you must return the original title when applying for a replacement.
  3. If your title shows a lienholder, you must include a completed Lien notification Card from the lien holder, which has been signed by the lender or with a notarized Notification of lien release that has signed by the lender with your application. The form is available online or at your local contract office.


Along with your application form and the other materials, you must submit an $8.50 filing fee, plus a processing fee of $7.25.


You can submit the application and fees for a duplicate title at your local contract office, or mail the package to:

Driver and Vehicle Services
445 Minnesota St. Suite 168
St. Paul, MN 55101    


Submitted by pmsuch07 on 23rd Feb 2016

I have moved out of state and

I have moved out of state and need to obtain the title to my car. I purchased the vehicle just prior to departing Minnesota and did not receive the title from MN DMV. Need assistance on how to obtain a new copy. Have contacted websites posted DMV phone number on numerous occasions with no response.

Submitted by Anonymous on 21st Mar 2011

The link to the application

The link to the application form does not work! Please fix this.

Submitted by Anonymous on 22nd Jan 2011

How do you get an application

How do you get an application for a duplicate title? It never works on the web site.

Submitted by Anonymous on 17th Feb 2011

I am in Az and want to sell

I am in Az and want to sell my truck . I need a duplicate title. Rosemary Swanson 10113 Karston Cove NE Albertville Mn 55301 I need a dup sent to Az Rosemary Swanson 5564 Emerald Springs Way Kingman AZ 86409 1997 ford 150 3 door vin no 1ftdx17w8vnb72798 Please let me know so I can pay by check or credit card. 763 458 8132 Thank you

Submitted by nonya (not verified) on 17th May 2011

lol seriously? You just

lol seriously? You just posted your VIN and 2 addresses with your name and forgot your credit card? post that and we'll get you your title.