is a privately owned website.*

Compare Auto Insurance Rates and Save - Exclusive

Vehicle Registration - Online Services GuideSponsored Ads

How to Replace a Lost Vehicle Title in Alabama

You may apply for a duplicate vehicle title if your original title is lost, stolen, or damaged. A vehicle with a missing title cannot be bought or sold, so owners must apply for and obtain a replacement before they can sell their vehicle.


1. Complete the Application for Replacement Title.

2. If your title shows a lien holder, the lien release section of the application must be completed by the lien holder.


The non-refundable application fee is $15.00. Only cashier's checks and money orders payable to Alabama Department of Revenue are accepted.


You can submit the application and fees for a replacement title here:

Alabama Department of Revenue

Motor Vehicle Division -Title section

P.O. Box 327699

Montgomery, Al 36132-7699


  • Processing times may vary. If you have not received your Alabama title within a reasonable time period, please contact the Designated Agent that completed your title application for assistance. If the Designated Agent cannot provide assistance, you may contact Title Inquiry at (334) 242-9102 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. CST (M-F).
  • See also Title Transfers, Replacing Your License, and Replacing your Registration.
  • See also Address Changes and Bill of Sale.

Reviews of How to Replace a Lost Vehicle Title in Alabama

I have submitted a lost title application twice and yet to receive my title or an explantion of why i havent gotten it

I cannot find the title to my 1995 truck and I need to sell it right away. I have filled out the title replacement but I have no idea the date we purchased the truck. What do I do about that? And where it asks for the current Ala title # do I use the tag number on the truck?

I lost the title to my vehicle but I wanna replace it and put it in someone else name. So what do I need to send in order to do that. I already have the application for replacement title and a $ 15 dollar money order. Is there anything else I need to send.


How do I apply online?

I need a replacement for my dawoo lagzonia.

please process as soon as you can get to it, thanks

How do I apply online?

How do I apply online?

How do I apply online?

Ilost my car title

I lost my title

I have lost my boat title, tell me how to apply for a new one please.

I need a replacement title for my truck. I've lost the original.

John O. Hudson