APPLYING FOR A REPLACEMENT REGISTRATION CARD
You can apply for a replacement registration card if your card is lost, stolen, or damaged by following these steps:
- Visit your local county's Motor Vehicle Title and Tag Office.
- If your current registration card has been damaged, attach the damaged card to the application.
- If your registration card was stolen, file a police report and take a copy to the office.
To replace your registration card, you must visit your local title and tag office. There is no fee for replacing your registration card.
APPLYING FOR A REPLACEMENT LICENSE PLATES/STICKERS
If one or both of your license plates or stickers are lost, stolen, or damaged, you must apply for replacement plate(s) immediately. You can obtain replacement plates in person only.
- Complete the application for replacement plates, available with your local county's Motor Vehicle Title and Tag Office.
- Bring the damaged plate(s) with you, if you still have them.
- If your license plates were stolen, file a police report and take the copy to the office.
- Bring your valid Alabama driver's license or State identification card. If you do not have a driver's license or ID card, others forms of identification may be acceptable.
- Pay the appropriate fee for replacement license plates. Check with your local county's Motor Vehicle Title and Tag Office on the exact amount.