Alabama Free Practice Test
DMV.com FREE Practice Test Sections
Our DMV.com’s FREE Practice Test will prepare you for the real DMV written drivers test. The practice test questions focus on subjects taken from the official Alabama Driver’s Manual. Consider this the test-preparation tool that will help you test your knowledge and pass the written knowledge exam on your first try!
Obey Traffic Laws
All drivers must be aware of the meaning of each traffic law when operating a motor vehicle on public roads of Alabama. By learning the traffic laws, you become a responsible driver and prepared to take the Alabama DMV written knowledge test. Check your knowledge on traffic laws by using our Sample Practice Exam today.
Know the Traffic Signs
The traffic signs are critical to driving. You will never find yourself in a situation where there is no traffic sign on a public road. You are responsible for learning their different shapes and colors, understanding their meanings. The written drivers exam has questions on traffic signs:
- Traffic sign colors and shapes
- Traffic sign identification and meanings
- Placards and warning signs
- Turns at intersections
Use the DMV.com Free Sample Practice Test and learn how to follow the traffic signals.
Obey Traffic Signals
When it comes to traffic signals, you need to understand and obey them just like you do with traffic signs. You also need to know the traffic signals in order to pass the written drivers test. As part of the preparation process, you are advised to take the Free Practice Tests and check your knowledge on traffic signals before taking the official Alabama DMV written exam.
Familiarize Yourself with Pavement Markings
Pavement markings are just as important as traffic signs and signals. If you want to become a safe and responsible driver, you need to learn the meaning of pavement markings before taking the written knowledge exam. Take our DMV.com sample practice test and check your knowledge on pavement markings, such as:
- Center lines
- Lane dividers
- Edge striping
- Solid and broken white lines
- Broken lines
- Pavement messages
Drive Carefully in Inclement Weather
Inclement weather often causes many accidents on the public roads in Alabama. Future drivers must learn how to handle bad weather conditions before sitting behind the wheel and especially before taking the official Alabama written drivers exam. This exam contains questions on operating motor vehicles in rain, snow, ice, wind or fog. Take our DMV.com free sample test which will prepare you for the drivers exam:
- Wet brakes or brake failure
- Jammed gas pedals
- Engine breakdown
- Blown tires
- Driving in foggy weather with limited visibility
- Driving on wet roads, due to rain or snow
- Drifting, skidding, and hydroplaning
DMV Driving Exam Study Checklist
DMV.com recommends you follow this five-step written drivers exam study checklist to get the most out of your preparations:
- Review the official Alabama Driver’s Manual: 1. Reviewing sections on traffic laws, signs and signals, parking, and driving safety from the Alabama written drivers exam is the first step in the preparation process. You are advised to review it because the questions on the exam are taken directly from it.
- Take the DMV.com Driver’s License Sample Test: Take the sample test in order to become familiar with the layout of the official drivers knowledge test.
- Read the DMV.com Study Guide: Buy our simplified DMV.com Study Guide, which displays the most important information from the Alabama driver’s manual that you need to study for the written drivers exam.
- Premium Practice Tests: Use the DMV.com Premium Practice Test to check your knowledge. Take the exam as many times as you need until you reach a score you want.
- Take the written knowledge test: Scoring 90 percent or higher on a practice test is a sign to visit the closest Alabama DMV office and take the written drivers test.
Getting Your Driver’s License
When applying for a learner’s permit or a driver’s license, it is mandatory to pass a written drivers exam. To get your Alabama driver’s license, follow this step-by-step process:
- Read the Alabama Driver’s Manual.
- Take the DMV.com Free Practice Test.
- Read the DMV.com Study Guide to learn the most important sections from the driver’s manual.
- Take the practice driving exam until you reach a score of 90 percent or higher.
- Gather the required documents for a driver’s license.
- Take the official DMV written drivers exam.
- Pass a vision test.
- Pass a road skills exam.
- Submit the needed documentation and payment of the appropriate fees.