Hawaii DOT Physical Exam For CDL
Federal guidelines mandate that all commercial drivers pass the DOT health exam. The purpose of this test is to determine whether an applicant is physically capable of driving safely at the present time as well as in the foreseeable future. Successfully passing the exam usually means you have 24 month before you need to do it again, although in some cases this period might be shortened in case that serious health problems could appear in the future.
Department of Transportation CDL Physical Requirements
To pass the physical for the CDL you:.
* Vision in both eyes as well as each eye individually needs to be 20/40, with visual improvement devices, such as glasses or contacts permitted.
* Ability to distinguish color is necessary.
* Hearing needs to be good enough to notice a forced whisper at a minimum distance of 5 feet.
* Your blood pressure must be under 160/100. Prescription medication to control blood pressure is permitted.
* An applicant can have diabetes which is controlled through diet or medication. Diabetes which is controlled though insulin injections is not premitted
* Blood sugar may not be higher than 200.
* Use of schedule 1 drugs is strictly forbidden
* If you are currently diagnosed with a cardiovascular disease such as congestive cardiac failure, collapse or cardiac insufficiency, then you will need to present the Medical Examiner with a stress test as well as with a note from your physician stating that you are able to drive a commercial motor vehicle with no restrictions.
Check the the list below to find a physical test location close to you.