The Arizona Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) notifies vehicle owners of the expiration date of their vehicle registration by mail. Vehicle registrations can be renewed up to six months before the expiration date either by telephone, through the mail, using the MVD's online service, or in person.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL BY TELEPHONE
You can use a touchtone phone to renew your registration. You will need a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) to pay for the renewal transaction.
- Have your credit card, registration renewal notice and a pen and paper handy before the call.
- Call the twenty-four hour toll free number (888) 713-3031.
- Follow the instructions of the automated attendant to complete the registration renewal.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL BY U.S. MAIL
REGISTRATION RENEWAL VIA THE INTERNET
- Go to the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division Online Services website.
- Have your credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express) or debit card (MasterCard or VISA) handy to pay for the renewal.
- There is no additional fee for online renewals.
REGISTRATION RENEWAL IN PERSON
- Locate the MVD office in your area.
- Bring the registration renewal form, along with cash, check, credit or debit card to pay for the renewal.
- For vehicles requiring an emissions test, registrations can also be renewed at an emission test station up to three months prior to the expiration using the current registration document.
Registration for different categories of vehicles in Arizona will have different fees as seen here
. A late fee of $8 is charged for renewals made a month after the expiration and is then increased by $4 for each month thereafter.
- Before renewal, check for errors in the pre-printed vehicle renewal notice that arrived in the mail.
- For correction or change of address, call the Customer Service Call Center, or use the online services to correct the address before renewing.
- For any other error, dial the Customer Service Call Center to speak to a customer service agent.