Arizona Driver’s License Manual
In order to apply for your Arizona driver’s license, you must first pass a written test. The driver’s manual is the book that provides the information you need to know in order to pass your written test and to get your driver’s permit.
It is important to read the manual because Section 2 and 3 have pertinent information necessary to pass this test.
Information Covered in the Manual
The manual provides information regarding different types of licenses, state traffic laws, road signs, safe driving information and regulations – all of which will help you drive safely and successfully. For example:
- You must pull over and stop at the side of the road for any emergency vehicle with its lights or sirens on
- Signs in yellow with black lettering and symbols are usually warning signs
Sections of the Manual
There are several chapters within each part of the manual. The 3 major sections include:
- Information about licenses and owning a vehicle
- Traffic laws and regulations
- Safe driving suggestions
You can download a copy of the Driver’s Manual for more detailed information.
Where to Get a Hard Copy of the Manual
As well as reading the manual, It is important to review all information regarding acquiring a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Please use the following links to gain more knowledge about the licensing process.
- Please see requirements for first time Driver’s License applicants.
- For hours and locations, see your local MVD office
- See also replacing and renewing your driver’s license.